I Got My First Broken Bone

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

It sounds weird, but I'm so proud!!! I've never had a broken bone before! I'm also sort of mad because I'm not allowed to run or jump for three weeks. However, it's good timing cause I'm going on vacation next week anyway.

I fractured my fifth metatarsal, which is the bone that runs along the outside of your foot, in line with your pinkie toe. It was two weeks ago, but I didn't go to the doctor until today. I've been tumbling and running and doing my full 12 hrs/week of gymnastics on it. I broke it doing hurdle, round-off onto springboard, back-handspring on 8" mat (Yurchenko drills). When I landed my round-off on the springboard, my foot turned sideways and put the impact on that bone.

I only have two days of practice left until vacation...my coaches are going to get really pissed because I'll be like "Ummmm...the doctor said I can't do that..." every five seconds. Lots of bars and strength for me!

Trust me...it isn't as fun as you think! I got so bored not being able to do anything at gym. (well, i couldn't even go to gym for 4 months; thats how bad it was!) I hope it heals fast and hope you can start to work out soon!

Thanks, everyone! I'm soooo bored at practice, LOL - I'm doing LOTS of strength and LOTS of bars (and then I ripped...LOTS of strength). But I got my clear hip circle!

Once I even left early. I felt so guilty...but all they were doing was vault...LOL. I'm okay now.

Well at least you'll be a LOT stronger when you go back to doing all the events!

Thanks, everyone! I'm soooo bored at practice, LOL - I'm doing LOTS of strength and LOTS of bars (and then I ripped...LOTS of strength). But I got my clear hip circle!

Once I even left early. I felt so guilty...but all they were doing was vault...LOL. I'm okay now.

I know what you mean about getting bored. I broke my ankle and got put into a boot and I had to put ankle weights on my one foot so I wouldn't get uneven with my strength :) I hope it heals well!

I broke my foot (5th met) three years ago and I was out of dance and gym for a long time. I finally got cleared to start working out again and then three weeks later tore my MCL. Boo. But I was able to do a lot of arm stuff. Hope you're recovered and back in the gym. Have fun on vacation!

broken bone

I broke my foot a week ago. I'm not allowed to go back to the gym for 6 weeks, which really sucks since competition season is coming up. Luckily though I just have to wear a boot with no cast, so I can walk on it.

broken bones

broken bones

I broke my wrist when i was 6!!!! I was out for like 3 month but then i wasn't on team so i didn't go very many days a week so that's a good thing.

two girls at my gym have both broken their first bones all in 2 weeks! last wednesday my bff was doing straddle jump back tuck on beam and she landed wrong and she broke her ankle and even had to have surgery to insert pins...she is out for 3 months...then yesterday (wednesday)another girl was doing a switch leap on high beam fell off and rolled her ankle on an 8 incher that was under the beam!! they both have casts now! and i was in both of their groups when it happened haha maybe i'm unlucky!!!! jk : )

i hate broken bones!! they are no fun!! hey well atleast u cud do bars rite? just no dismounts. lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back