skill help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ok, i just finished level six and i am still having trouble on my squat ons. some people have it naturally to them and they have no trouble at all, but i always worry whether i will make it or not. any tips????

:bars:

Get hips high and shoulders over bar. Look at something ahead of the bar ersus just under it.

We used to make our T5 be able to stand on the bar for a minute. Lots of jump to squat on to a bar from a stack of mats.

from support, and with mats stacked up close to your feet, or lower the low bar and use 1 mat.

press handstand like against the bar. push the bar down, keep your arms straight, and keep your shins against the bar.

then do the squat motion in 'slow motion'. keep pushing the bar down, pressing the hips up, until you can 'lift' your feet upon the bar. do not cast or swing. you must press up until you can place your feet upon the bar.

repeat this over and over as an excercise daily. good luck!

ok, i just finished level six and i am still having trouble on my squat ons. some people have it naturally to them and they have no trouble at all, but i always worry whether i will make it or not. any tips????
I don't have any drills to offer here but I can dish out some encouragement.

My now 13yo had a good bars routine at L6 last year. Other than overthrowing her kip cast or clear-hip handstands sometimes, her biggest (and more basic) issue was consistency with her squat on. Eventually, she was able to find her balance and timing and with the consistency finally achieved she finished her bars at L6 really strong (although she goofed up at states by overshooting her kip cast).

The point is don't be discouraged. Everyone has her own Achilles Heel. Hard work, focus and persistency will help you hide or better yet overcome it. If not, it's still not a big deal when you know you've tried your hardest. Meanwhile, mine is working hard to catch up with others' floor elements, which come all natural to everyone else but her -- so it seems.

Good luck to you at L7. Don't worry. You'll be fine.

Well, if can get your feet on but don't make it over, try working sole circles. But it sounds like you are having troubles getting your feet on. Make sure you have a big cast and lean your shoulders over the bar. Hope I could help!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back