Parents Hello from a Newbie

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi!

My name is Nequia (Na-key-ya). I am Mommy to a 7 year old gymnast, and we live in Montana.

1. How many kids do you have? How old? What grade?

I have 5 children. Tamya (Ta-my-ya) who is my gymnast is also my oldest. She is 7 and will be 8 next week :D. I have a 6 year old who is a basketball player and a 5 year old who is in swim lessons but swears she is on the swim team lol. My 3 year old has no say and are only boy is 1.

2. How many years has your child(ren) been in gymnastics?

Tamya started gymnastics at 5 1/2 and she started competinng at 6 as a level 4.

3. What level is your gymnast(s)?

As of June, her coach has her practicing with the optionals to compete level 7. She is going to have her score out of 6 and compete level 7 at the same meet. Aww moment lol.

4. Do you work? How do you juggle your job/gymnastics if so?

I do work ~ I'm a professional stayat home mom lol. It is hard juggling gymnastics when I have 2 children doing other sports.

5. What do you love about gymnastics/dislike about gymnastics?

To me it's just a beautiful sport. I LOVE the fact that my daughter LOVES gymnastics. Watching it, doing it....
I dislike the drama mamas, and papas in gymnastics..

6. Tell us about YOU!

As I mentioned before, I am a professional stay at home mom. I do not home school. I love taking my kids to the park (summer time) and spending time with my husband ( away from the kids lol) I like to read and when we are not at the gym lol going shopping. We do live in Montana so when the weaher is nice I like to sit out on my deck and just breath lol. Here lately I've become addicted to youtube. I think I may need help lol :D.

YouTube - flipdiveanddunk's Channel

Welcome!! Have some fun here, make some new friends and I'm sure you will learn a thing or two!:)

Thank you! So you make leos? I'm a leo aholic lol.

LOL I think that's a common disease around here... :) I won't even get into how many we have around here.... My girls are awful too - every new fabric I get, they think they need a new one...

I started doing leos after being blown away by the price of name brands.... and being disgusted by the fit of the cheapies. Figured I could do it myself, and I was right. Now I have a lot of fun - there's something neat about seeing the girls in leos they've put together themselves, kwim?? The smiles on their faces make everything worthwhile!

Hi, and welcome!

Your daughter is ADORABLE!! (I watched her vids) I love your name too - it is really pretty!!

I thought that too exactly. Tamya is a super little gymnast and Nequia what a beautiful name. I love it! Where is it from?

and welcome!

mb photo -

Thank you so much!

gymnut1 -

Thank you as well! The funny thing about my name is I have no clue where it came from lol. I've meet 2 other people with my name but spelled differnt and they don't know how they got the name either lol. My mother thinks she may have found it in a around the world baby name book while on bed rest with me in the hospital but she said she was so out of it she doesn't know lol. She had high blood pressure with me. Another funny thing is my name was supposed to be Nikki.

Another funny thing is my name was supposed to be Nikki.

No!! Nequia (did I spell that right?) is SO much prettier!!

I have a good friend who is Nigerian. She gave her daughters plain ole "American" names as first and Nigerian middle names, and I've always thought their names were so pretty too!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back