What ae the chances of skiping levels ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymgirly1

Ok so I am an amazing tumbler but i am not very good at bars like i just need to lean the skill i am strong but just dont know how ?So the question is They put me in level 4 to polish up my form but my tumbling goes fom skilles fom level 4 to 9 or 10 I want to ask if i could swich to level 7 next year ill have to work hard eally hard!but it would be worth it ?wate do you think ?:confused:

Wow...you can do a double back/pike in level 4? That is pretty good. But i don't believe you can skip level 5 or 6 anymore, but i am not sure. And you should ask your coach's how good THEY think you are. Just being able to DO the skill isn't enough.....it has to be able to look good, so there is probably some reason as to why your coaches put you in level 4.

I believe you can petition level 7 IF you are over the age of 14, and in high school. You would have to send USAG a video of your self, along with coaches recomendation. Or, you can score out of levels 5 and 6, if your gym would allow you to, but you would have to go to those meets and obtain at least the minimum score set by USAG

Sorry, didn't see you had that as a question for coaches, as I am not one, just recall what I read.....

Have you ever thought about switching to T & T (Tramp and Tumbling)?? That is mostly the power tumbling (which you seem to have a lot of) without all the other events and dance elements needed like artistic gymnastics.

I was also going to suggest power tumbling. No dance skills required and it's great for those that really enjoy the tumbling skills only.

I dnt think you can skip level 5 and 6 anymore. You might enjoy t&t.

If your heart is set on being an USAG competitive gymnast, I encourage you to do so. But, there are a few things to keep in mind so that you know what you're getting into.

• if you're put in L4 now and the coaches haven't discussed with you going through a fast progression, it's likely that their motivation is more than just having you to polish up your form or skills
  • from what I've seen, it appears than more gymnasts have more trouble attaining the same proficiency on bars than the other 3 events (as indicated by the typical scores and placements). So, if you're struggling with bars now, things will only look more unfavorable for you on bars in the future.
  • while L5 skills and flooring isn't too demanding, L6 will be. L6 is known as one of the most difficult levels through the progression (including bars)

I have everything but there not pretty an perfect . an about t&t i love beam an bars to .

I have everything but there not pretty an perfect . an about t&t i love beam an bars to .

Having "everything" doesn't count UNLESS it "is pretty". Sorry--that is just how artistic gymnastics is scored and judged :rolleyes:. If gymnasts just "had" the skills then there would be A LOT more gymnasts going elite and going to the olympics. That is why gymnastics is one of the hardest and most beautiful sports--the beauty in the movements and skills make it look EFFORTLESS to the audience watching in the stands.

Mdgymmom01 is right. All of the events in women's artistic gymnastics are about form and grace, not just being able to do them, and scoring is based on the appearance of your performance, not just the events themselves. That's why it is called artistic gymnastics. If you are certain that you do want to do artistic then you need to concentrate on learning the form and dance presentation part. Considering your age, I do think yoiu might do better in T and T. Good luck!

Ok so I am an amazing tumbler but i am not very good at bars like i just need to lean the skill i am strong but just dont know how ?So the question is They put me in level 4 to polish up my form but my tumbling goes fom skilles fom level 4 to 9 or 10 I want to ask if i could swich to level 7 next year ill have to work hard eally hard!but it would be worth it ?wate do you think ?:confused:

I have two responses to this post.

First response: by USAG rules, you must compete at least one meet at 5 and at least one meet at 6 (and get a particular qualifying score) before you can move up to 7 UNLESS you are 14 or older, in which case you can petition straight to level 7. Now, that said, your gym may have its own rules about what you need to do before moving to level 7. The best person to ask all of these questions is your coach. They know where you're at, they know what you can do and what you can't, and they know what you need in order to move up. If they don't already know how eager you are to move up, you should let them know.

Second response: CHECK YOUR SPELLING. CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR. YOUR POSTS MAKE MY EYES HURT.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back