national tops testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

kjmg

does anyone have any idea what the cut off will be for 9 year olds at National Testing??

It depends on how all the 9 yo girls did. It will be the top 15-20 scores for A camp and the next 15-20 for B camp. It seems like a weaker year than usual so the scores could be anywhere.

No, but the coaches may receive the info as early as today. Last year 27 9 year olds were invited to the A camp and about the same to the B camp. The cut off last year for the A camp for 9 year olds was 79 and for the B camp was 73.

I dont think the cutoffs are posted anywhere.. I had a 10yrold there and we should find out anytime before Sunday as far as teams. I am not sure about the 9yrolds. I do know that Gary announced at the start of the 2nd day of testing that the 10yrold scores were exceptionally high this year.. There were a lot of talented gymnasts testing. Congrats to all that made it there and good luck.. The wait is so hard on everyone.

Looks like 9yrold cut off was 88 for the national team
and 78 for the B team

Does anyone know of the cutoff for the 10yr olds this year.

Wow two lurkers caome out on the same day and in the same thread. Welcome to you both, I hope you stick around and join in the Chalkbucket fun after today. We have quite a few parents and coaches who had gymnasts at national testing.

and....now thousands of lurkers (and members) are holding their collective breath!

lol no kidding from what i heard they may have taken kids that didnt do so well on abilities but exceled at skills and placed them on "A" team... so i don't know how these past cut off scores will even be a factor now

This is becoming more intersting than who won the Olympic bid for 2016 (Rio if you don't already know) and I don't even live in the usa.

SO I am guessing the criteria for scoring and allocation to A or B teams is not cited ahead of testing. Odd.

This is becoming more intersting than who won the Olympic bid for 2016 (Rio if you don't already know) and I don't even live in the usa.

SO I am guessing the criteria for scoring and allocation to A or B teams is not cited ahead of testing. Odd.

yea they never know until the actual girls for that year test.

We got our results of who made the teams & cutoffs for each camp today. They did have a certain number which was the combined cutoff score (weighted phys abilities & skills score) for each age group. They then ALSO added in any athletes that received a certain score for the skills portion. I cant imagine they added too many more of those athletes- most of the gymnasts that were very successful at skills (these kids that were "added" had to average about a 9.0 on skills) also did very well at the physical abilities.

I copied this from the email I received.

Here is how the athletes were selected:

11 Year Olds

National TOP Team - 88.00 and above - Total adjusted score – plus any athlete that scored a 35.00 or higher in Skills Testing

B Camp Invitees – 85.00 Total adjusted score – plus any athlete that scored a 34.00 or higher in Skills Testing

10 Year Olds

National TOP Team – 87.00 and above - Total adjusted score – plus any athlete that scored a 35.50 or higher in Skills Testing

B Camp Invitees – 80.00 Total adjusted score – plus and athlete that scored a 34.00 or higher in Skills Testing

9 Year Olds

National TOP Team – 88.00 and above - Total adjusted score – plus any athlete that scored a 35.00 or higher in Skills Testing

B Camp Invitees – 78.00 Total adjusted score – plus any athlete that scored a 34.00 or higher in Skills Testing

It says total adjusted. I have a list if you want me to check for you pm me

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back