Parents Woohoo Kip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

drivingmom

:DMy DD got her Kip on the high bar a couple times in row. I was shocked when I walked into the gym and she just did as if she has always been. She is hit or miss on the low bar. She was so happy.
Bummer is her coach never get excited. It's strange she is a level 4 and when the girls get their 4 skills it's a big deal, but her and another girl that have had there 4 skills for over year get to work on level 5 some nights it's not really reconginzed so much when they get them. Kinda a bummer for her.:(

Just need to vent. :cool:

Woohoooo! That's awesome!!! You must be so proud of her for being so determined and picking up such a difficult skill!

It is a bummer that the coaches aren't recognizing and celebrating her accomplishment, especially when it's a skill that so many struggle to acquire. Maybe you could do what Bog did and pick up a kip cake and have your own celebration!! She certainly deserves the special attention!

Congrats:D

WAY TO GO on getting both kips!!!!!!Sending a bunch of high fives her way!!!!!!My dd's bar coach never shows much emotion and usually can find something wrong in what they do,the best the girls get so often is "That's better" So usually if one of the girls get something they get the attetion of 1 of there other coaches and show them .The girls are used to him and he is a very good bar coach.

Wow, that is great about her kip, love that skill !!!

I am sorry that her coach doesn't really acknowledge these big skills. Tell her everyone on CB is excited !!!

Huge woooohoooo on that huge skill. You can tell her that BB was thriled for her and now they can be kip twins.

Too bad when gyms don't celebrate, BB's coach was so excited when she got her kip, she picked up up, hugged her and swung her round, unfortunately she whacked BB's head on the low bar at the same time!! She'll never forget that kip!

Congrats to her! The kip is HUGE! Sorry her coach didn't celebrate it. It really is such a big skill. Abby's gym has a kip trophy and they get to take it home when they get their kip, pretty cool. Tell her we think she rocks.

Tell her congratulations from all of us! A kip is such a big deal!!

Congrats to her! Abby's gym has a kip trophy and they get to take it home when they get their kip, pretty cool.

Kip trophy - what a great idea! Do they have others, like giants trophies?

It's strange she is a level 4 and when the girls get their 4 skills it's a big deal, ...
Kip is probably the hugest skill at that stage of the progression and it should be celebrated. The coach might have had a bad day. Don't worry about him/her. Let's celebrate it here.

Way to go!!! KIP:applause:

Kip trophy - what a great idea! Do they have others, like giants trophies?

Yep, they have several, not sure exactly what, but I know I saw a layout trophy once, my DD has only gotten the kip trophy. They don't get to keep them, but they bring them home for a week. :D It is really cool. The trophy even said something like "I made my kip", so it was specially made for that.

They do team meeting on Fridays and most Fridays, for compulsories, they give trophies for each event for each level and then an overall trophy for hardest working overall. Looks like most of them are just old trophies that were donated or something, no labels anymore, but the kip, layout, etc, have special plaques on them. It is really cool. The girls love it.

:DMy DD got her Kip on the high bar a couple times in row. I was shocked when I walked into the gym and she just did as if she has always been. She is hit or miss on the low bar. She was so happy.
Bummer is her coach never get excited. It's strange she is a level 4 and when the girls get their 4 skills it's a big deal, but her and another girl that have had there 4 skills for over year get to work on level 5 some nights it's not really reconginzed so much when they get them. Kinda a bummer for her.:(

I'm soooo happy for your DD!!! That is a BIG skill & it should be celebrated! Hope you did in a big way!!!:D As for the coaches reaction...you must be at the same gym as us,LOL!!! Seems like the "talented" girls are held to a "different" standard. Things are just "expected" of them. Hey they are all kids!!! And everyone deserves a pat on the back & an "attaboy" for a job well done. Coach needs to learn that a little praise can go a long way with these girls!

Congrats on your kip!!!!! A kip is such a huge skill!

Sorry the coach wasn't so excited but reassure your DD that her CB friends certainly are! Way to go!

YIPPEEEEE to the KIP!!!!!

It is HUGE! I am sorry that coach didn't get more excited! I remember when Beetle first got her kip it was a HUGE deal.. everyone Clapped...

Tell your gymmie that us CB moms send her Cyber Hugs!

Thanks for the support and idea. We had a KIP cake. She was so excited and a great reason to just enjoy some cake and support our girl. Thanks to everyone.

Congrats on the Kip. DD has been up training since summer and her Level 4 coach doesn't get very excited about any of her up training accomplishments. DD got her kip before most of our Level 5 team and the optional coach made a HUGE deal out of it but her Level 4 coach kind of blew it off. DD went over the vault table with her front handspring and the level 4 coach didn't even congratulate her at all but the other coaches make sure to give her hugs and praise which keeps her spirits super high. Of course it does bother her that her head coach for her level doesn't make a big deal.

Congrats and I would give her a kip celebration yourself. Maybe even get her a new leo or something to lift her spirits.

A kip on high bar is major! Awesome!!

And -- we know the feeling! Nastia got her low-bar kip last spring in L3. i think she got a "good job", but that's about it. She's been dying to move on, and do things like cast-handstands, and squat-on's, etc but the coaches refuse to allow it. "Your not ready!". It's more like - they aren't ready. Our L4's won't up-train until spring. That's just how it is. We like our coaches and all, but they are about team, not about individual development. At least, that's how I see it.

At clinics, the coaches always encourage her to try new skills - so she attends quite a few, and has a blast.

It sounds like your DD isn't following the "norm"either. Good for her! Be happy your gym allows up-training.

Even though she's not probably "supposed to do this yet", Nastia's been secretly working on A and B tumble skills in a different class (same gym). Were not sure her comp coaches know. Shhhh. :)

But Yes.. We know the feeling well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back