Xcel PreTeam Try Outs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

that's exciting, thanks for sharing.

Cograts, as long as she did her best that's all you can ask

My dd is trying out for team in a few weeks. I know all gyms do this different but If you don't mind me asking, what did they do for the tryout? Were they told in advance what the tryout would entail? It would be helpful if I could give my dd an idea of what to possibly expect.

We were not told in advance what to expect. It was run very much like a practice. It was supposed to last 3 hours but only lasted 2. The did backbends, splits (all 3), back walkovers, cartwheels, and round offs on the floor. On beam they did split jumps, turns, cartwheels, and handstand dismounts. For vault they just timed them running, they did not actually get to vault. Bars was pullover, casting, the split thing (IDK what it is called. It was very basic. It turns out she was the youngets one. Personally, I think her strength skills (climbing rope, pull ups) were lacking at tryouts. If the girls were not comfortable doing a skill they were not forced to do it. Overall it was a nice experience. Please keep in mind that this was for XCEL so JO may be different. My gym is one of the top gyms in region 5 and is very competitive so that may effect what they look for too.

Thank you! I cannot stop smiling. She is going to be so proud. I am thinking about getting her a new leotard tonight.

Hoorayy!!! I remember this day when my daughter made it into team. Bought her the team practice leo, took a lot of photos of her beaming in it, and overshared to all friends and family. :rolleyes::D

Welcome to the madness! :cool:

Hoorayy!!! I remember this day when my daughter made it into team. Bought her the team practice leo, took a lot of photos of her beaming in it, and overshared to all friends and family. :rolleyes::D

Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back