Big girls in xcel

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nin-Jia

Gymnast
I’m competing Xcel gold this season. Some teams I’ve seen at meets have girls ages 17 doing gold or even silver. I wouldn’t have a problem with that if the girls were new to gymnastics and were at the same level but all the older girls can do every skill perfectly and score insanely high at each meet. The older girls never move up into platinum or diamond or do co compulsory. This means that none od the girls from other teams ever place. Ever...
What should we do?

Often older kids do better when it comes to execution, they may have a polish and depth of understand g that the younger girls lack. But that does not nessesarily mean they are ready for the next level. A gymnast may be great at their current level, but if they don't have the skills for the next level, they can't move up.

But they do have the skills needed to move up
They warm them up at the meets but then don’t compete them

Different gyms have different rules and expectations as well. Most gyms will require the kids to commit to a certain number of hours to move up. If they can't commit to those hours they need to repeat the previous level. At their age there may be a lot of things making it hard to do the hours like school work and part time jobs.

The only person you can control is yourself. If they are not moving up then pass them and go to a higher level. While you are at the same level they are the competition, so do what gymnasts do, compete! You train for it and work for it so just train till you can beat them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back