WAG Commentators

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tim definitely can be condescending for sure. He made some remarks about Allan Bower the other night that were pretty harsh. He prepped it by saying he knew it was going to sound bad, but it was really a compliment, but I never really got the compliment part. He just talked about how he was not strong or terribly coordinated or fun to watch. I wish I could remember the exact comments. Allan came in third overall, so he can't be a terrible gymnast, lol.

On the other hand, I think Terry Gannon did a fantastic job! For being new to gymnastics, he definitely did his homework and had lots to say about each of the gymnasts. He spoke very confidently like he's been part of the sport for a long time. It was slightly irritating how they all kept repeating the same bits of trivia on night two for both the men and women, but I'm guessing they figure that the majority of people don't watch both days. I kept thinking - ok we know Morgan Hurd is a Harry Potter fan! Find something new to say about her.

On a side note, it was interesting to me to catch the undertones of the behind the scenes drama with the girls. No one mentioned the Insta-scandal directly, but several people talked about how the girls haven't gotten to bond and how Simone is basically with a whole new crop of girls who don't know her. I do hope they incorporate some sort of team-bonding activites before worlds, or that whole situation could have a bad impact on how they perform as a team.

Tim Daggett's commentary brought out an angry side in my usually easygoing daughter. She kept saying he was going to regret it if she ever runs into him, while balling her hands into fists nearly every time he spoke.

I’m glad to see Andrea Joyce back. I think she asks very good questions and really gets good responses from everyone.

Reactions: sce
Both my gymnasts find Tim very hard to listen to. He is plain mean. And he loves to start drama, and is hurtful. I don’t think there is any need for his type of comments, and although he may know how to break scores down etc, I think I’d rather look at the shapes, squares and triangle, than listen to him pick an athlete apart.
He’s a jerk.
These kids work too hard to have to take his comments.

Both my gymnasts find Tim very hard to listen to. He is plain mean. And he loves to start drama, and is hurtful. I don’t think there is any need for his type of comments, and although he may know how to break scores down etc, I think I’d rather look at the shapes, squares and triangle, than listen to him pick an athlete apart.
He’s a jerk.
These kids work too hard to have to take his comments.
I dont know if everyone lucked out, but Men's Day 2, I didnt hear the commentators until the 5th rotation. I could hear the guys talking and the crowd cheering, but not the commentators.

So, I’ve been sick for a couple weeks and watching a lot of old competitions for fun. Tonight, I’m watching 2011 World Team Finals and Elfie actually said “I’m really disappointed the Russian team put a girl on it with so little talent!” Even Al said “oh wow.” Of course, then the poor girl crashed twice!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back