Parents Crazy Gym Owners

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thestrugggleisreal

Proud Parent
Hi All,
Just curious if it is our gym or if this is just normal. The parents routinely get emails from the gym owner that are kind of over the top. I just don't know any other company who would send these types of emails to their clients. Can you imagine a doctor's office sending this to their patients? Would love to here from you all.

"To All Team Parents
Effective Immediately the Team room is locked. This room was a nice clean room when I opened it up to the Team Parents. I was shocked at the abuse that I found this morning when I entered it. Old food, gum, and ants to start. The paint was worn completely off the wall were it meets the bottom of the glass where adults have been putting their feet up on it.
The scratches in the glass window panes, I am speechless. Junk piled by the sink along with trash in a box? The smell (UGH) I would never destroy property belonging to someone else. I was raised to respect other peoples property. The room will be closed until further notice. Recreation has priority of the seating upstairs. It normally clears out at 7:00pm. For the ______ parents who don't live in the team room. Please know I pretty much know by the camera's upstairs who has been using the team room constantly. For my new parents, Please come see me as I know you are not involved. It's sad that team parents have done or let this happen. I spend a lot of money trying to keep this gym clean and nice for everyone.
There are NO drinks (except water) allowed in the gym or upstairs. Staff has been notified to send the gymnast home immediately if any of the rules are broken.
No Fast Foods, Cup of Soups, Microwave Meals or PEANUT PRODUCTS! I should not have to remind the children over and over again. This is a parents responsibility not to send them in with it. For the older gymnasts they should know better but they still continue to disobey the rules."

It sounds like an owner who is very frustrated by the level of disrespect her parents/gymnasts are showing an area of a building that she leases or owns. It was most likely a reactive email. It would not bother me as it's very logical consequence in the sense that if you can't take care of something you can't use it. Same principle I use with my own kids at home.

It’s your gym. It’s not normal.

If this gym has cameras and knows who the people are, then the gym should address the issue with those people directly. This passive aggressive approach will only encourage gossip and anxiety.

These are the types of emails that should be written in the moment, slept on, and then deleted the next morning. Reactive? Yes. Justified? Probably. Appropriate form of communication? Nope.

And why no microwave meals? That seems a bit specific.. I mean, if that's what I want to feed my kid while at gym, my business. I get the cup of soups (messy/spills) and peanuts (allergies).

It's an odd email, but I can't figure out if it is directed at team parents who eat meals in the room and leave gum around or if their kids do that. Why would parents be eating meals in the team room? It reads like the parents had a kegger in there the night before.

Strange.

All around.

The informal construction of the email, the rules about food, all of it.

Strange.

Honestly, I'm not sure that I would like to be on the receiving end of emails like that on a regular basis. There was a sort of hostile undertone that suggested this was about more than just dirty dishes..... Had there been earlier requests to keep the room clean? Or possibly there are other issues going on?

I mean, if that's what I want to feed my kid while at gym, my business.

Wouldn't be your business at our gym.

We would never get an email like this because no food or drink (other then water) is allowed in our gym. There is no kitchen or appliances like microwave or toasters.

Exception, when the kids have all day camp, so they have lunch. We, parents, pack the lunch (unless its a pizza party day), no nuts of any kind, the coaches supervise. I can assure you the kids clean up after themselves :D.

Justified or not, I would not appreciate receiving this email. I am an adult, please come speak to me like one if there's a problem you need to discuss. Of course, I would never leave a room in disarray or break rules (I'm a rule-follower by nature), so maybe I'm not the target audience. But regardless, if emails like this were frequent, it would make me pause.

Justified or not, I would not appreciate receiving this email. I am an adult, please come speak to me like one if there's a problem you need to discuss. Of course, I would never leave a room in disarray or break rules (I'm a rule-follower by nature), so maybe I'm not the target audience. But regardless, if emails like this were frequent, it would make me pause.

I agree under normal circumstances not cool.

But I think we are missing background information here. It sounds like an end of rope thing on the coaches part. I mm making an assumption (yeah I know). But the based on the description of conditions it sounds like this was pretty ugly. And the coach/owner made more civil attempts to no avail. And perhaps know who are the potential culprits but not the specific ones. So the whole class is now suffering. Sorry due to a few slobs the room is now not available.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back