WAG Perfect 10s

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymMom4

Proud Parent
Are perfect 10s given very often at meets you attend? Were the routines absolutely perfect, as you’d expect from that 10 score?

Tonight I saw a video of a bar routine posted on Instagram and it was beautifully executed in form and technique and was awarded a perfect 10.

In years and years and years, only ever seen one and it was in MAG Level 3 P bars.

I’ve never seen one live. I’ve occasionally seen a video of one, but honestly was always surprised that it scored a 10. Highest score I’ve ever seen live is 9.85.

Are perfect 10s given very often at meets you attend? Were the routines absolutely perfect, as you’d expect from that 10 score?

Tonight I saw a video of a bar routine posted on Instagram and it was beautifully executed in form and technique and was awarded a perfect 10.
If it was yesterday, I know who you're talking about :)
I wasn't there, but I was in the middle of watching the video from mom when the score was awarded. It was quite a feeling!!!!

I had an Xcel kid get a 10 on bars once. It was not a perfect routine, not even her best routine, but the judges had thrown out so many ridiculously high scores to the routines before her that they had no where else to go. She is a good bar worker and it was super fun and exciting for everyone though. However in the sessions after the judges kept their scores much more in check, so she had teammates who actually did better routines in later sessions get 9.7s.

Buckeye

This was Buckeye, but it was Mya Witte who was competing jr elite compulsories

So I’m sure the routine was amazing but it is possible to get bonus on that compulsory bar routine so a 10 doesn’t necessarily mean that there were no deductions.

I have been attending meets now for about 4 1/2 years and there have only been two 10’s awarded during those sessions. Level 3 and 4 I believe. Did not see the routines myself but pretty exciting for everyone there.

So I’m sure the routine was amazing but it is possible to get bonus on that compulsory bar routine so a 10 doesn’t necessarily mean that there were no deductions.

That’s interesting to know. It wasn’t perfect- I mean, there was the tiniest hop on the landing and maybe someone could find something else but it was such a beautiful routine. She has gorgeous form on bars and just made it all look so easy. My girl definitely does not.

That’s interesting to know. It wasn’t perfect- I mean, there was the tiniest hop on the landing and maybe someone could find something else but it was such a beautiful routine. She has gorgeous form on bars and just made it all look so easy. My girl definitely does not.
I always thought the bars dismount was just for form in the air and that even rolling out wasn't deducted? Has this changed?

Only at all star type meets which are run/scored liberally, IMO. I'ts more to be fun than anything.

I always thought the bars dismount was just for form in the air and that even rolling out wasn't deducted? Has this changed?

I have no idea how the elite compulsory routines are scored so may be right since I’ve seen similar landings for those. Her routine was incredible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back