WAG Rip Trouble (I need quick answers)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tea

Gymnast
I usually put a tea bag on rips which helps it heal. But I'm in a dilemma, I have a huge rip on my hand and I have an hour private on bars today. These are weekly since my bars isn't as strong as it should be. I could rap it but I'd be in a lot of pain, any suggestions?

You can email your coach and ask to do something else or conditioning during your private. If you think it'll hurt to use it for anything you should probably just stay home.

Reactions: Tea
Ouch, sounds like you need a bar break to let those heal a couple of days. There are so many bar drills that can be done on the floor or tumble track. Maybe your coach can have you work on those, so you don't have to swing bars today.

Reactions: Tea
I also suggest taping a deflated balloon too your rip. When you swing on bars, the outside of the balloon will climb to your skin and the insides of the balloon will rub together instead of the friction being taken by the skin.

Certain skills on bars are more painful than others with a top. You can avoid skills like kids. Swings, Giants, clear hips etc. I stead focus on skills like cast handstands, pirouettes, squat and stoop ons, bar strength, bar shaping etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back