WAG Post season meets and Coronavirus

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Today , some guy at 24 hour was telling me the whole thing is a hoax and BS, he then said he got sent home from work because he just returned from Europe . I said , well it’s not BS that you are not allowed back at work is it ? It’s real that you can’t go to work .... so I don’t want this thing because I can’t afford to take 3 weeks off of work !!!’ Get it ?
USAG has cancelled all sanctioned meets through the end of the month. Wow!
yep.

We still have quite few people this is all a hoax conjured up by main stream libera media...

Today , some guy at 24 hour was telling me the whole thing is a hoax and BS, he then said he got sent home from work because he just returned from Europe . I said , well it’s not BS that you are not allowed back at work is it ? It’s real that you can’t go to work .... so I don’t want this thing because I can’t afford to take 3 weeks off of work !!!’ Get it ?

yep.

In other unbelievable developments in the last few minutes:

ALL NCAA championships cancelled! Including March madness

Disneyland closed

stock market free fall

Wow! Not surprising though. It is the prudent thing to do. I also received an email from USA Swimming (for my son) and they have also stopped all sanctioned meets for the next 30 days. We all need to make adjustments to save others. My level 10 is disappointed, but fully in support of this decision. Oh- and our church has cancelled everything except funerals that might need to be scheduled for the next two weeks.

You are part of the 1% for whom this is really a much bigger deal with a graduating senior. But I'll maintain that the public health threat and containment is way more important than anyone's gymnastics career. Please take a look at what the most highly regarded universities around the country are doing. They are closing up shop to send a message that national leadership in this county is a complete joke. It will be way way way worse here than in China. I promise.

Let's leave politics out of the discussion because both sides of the aisle can easily defend their positions on this.

Colleges are closing up shop to reduce their **liability** (just like the sports organizations) and spread out the population across a larger area in case hospitalization is needed. Colleges really don't want to be dealing with 20% of students in a dorm with fevers that they (students) don't know how to treat (and may not have the medications for). Better for the students to be at home with families when possible and the ones who must stay in the dorms can be watched over more easily. While our government could force a quarantine like China did, the leadership understands it is better for the citizens to do this themselves, through local/state, organizations, businesses, etc.

As far as it being worse than China, only time will tell but it is unlikely since the Chinese population is much older less healthy respiratory wise due to increased levels of smoking in the population (both past and present).

This virus is going to go through 20+% of the US population regardless of isolation. The key is to slow the rate of this spread, not the actual percentage. By slowing the rate, the cases are across a longer period of time, which improves the survival rate by not overwhelming medical community. We do not have enough hospital beds, respiratory equipment, personnel to care for the approximately 9 million who will need hospitalization.

Wow! Not surprising though. It is the prudent thing to do. I also received an email from USA Swimming (for my son) and they have also stopped all sanctioned meets for the next 30 days.

I haven't received the USA swimming email yet but our club just sent out cancellation of practices for the next few days to give them time to do a super cleaning of the pool areas (our club has several locations).

My dd's college was on break this week and they have chosen to have the students remain at home though online learning for a couple of weeks (I suspect longer) and they cancelled all sports travel, so their team will not participate in D3 regionals/nationals. Very sad, especially since those haven't been cancelled by the respective schools but I feel the cancellations are coming soon

I haven't received the USA swimming email yet but our club just sent out cancellation of practices for the next few days to give them time to do a super cleaning of the pool areas (our club has several locations).

just got USA swimming email. our pool is outdoors and private So no practice cancellations yet. But my son qualified to his first regional meet this year and that got cancelled.

gym meet this weekend cancelled. I assume state will be as well.

they just cancelled all schools through April 24th today. Absolutely zero information on how they plan to educate our kids. I have a high schooler so that matters. Said they can’t to do online because they can’t guarantee access for 100% of kids.

one day at a time. i am sympathetic and understanding of all the bigger picture, absolutely more important in the end. Personally I fear for what this might mean for my daughter who is returning from two rough Years of on and off injuries and shortened seasons that don’t reflect her potential and who is a sophmore and heading into the big recruiting season And was just catching her stride going into the post season.

This is probably a dumb question but since USAG cancelled all sanctioned meets, do they have the power to close all gyms? Just wondering because my gym just posted that they’re staying open until they’re told to close.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 3.55.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 3.55.37 PM.png
    628.3 KB · Views: 20

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back