WAG Post season meets and Coronavirus

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We are Shut down effective tonight after workout. All of our schools closed effective tonight. We would rather take 2 weeks off than have someone or a loved one come down with this virus , which would put the entire gym population in self quarantine. I fully support the owners of our gym for making this decision. Gymnastics CAN WAIT

Gymnastics can definitely wait....I think some people don't realize that as much as it sucks for events to be canceled/postponed now, if we don't take the precautions now, we may have to wait WAY longer before anyone can do gymnastics safely again. Hoping that all of these closures start to make a difference!!!!

The gym I coach at still hasn't shut down, I decided to start staying home though, so they're going to be very short staffed.. not sure how long I should stay home. really don't want to get sick.

Not even talking gymnastics here....but after, say, two or three weeks (which seems to be the majority of the time off taken by schools/gyms/other sports, etc) if this doesn’t slow the speed of confirmed cases, then what? The other issue is that for many districts, they are cramming the kids into childcare situations. So there honestly is a higher risk of contamination because there will be more kids together than in a classroom setting. I am scratching my head at this logic, because it seems to defeat the purpose of schools closing.

Not even talking gymnastics here....but after, say, two or three weeks (which seems to be the majority of the time off taken by schools/gyms/other sports, etc) if this doesn’t slow the speed of confirmed cases, then what? The other issue is that for many districts, they are cramming the kids into childcare situations. So there honestly is a higher risk of contamination because there will be more kids together than in a classroom setting. I am scratching my head at this logic, because it seems to defeat the purpose of schools closing.
The childcare issue - well, the working parent's are scrambling because (at least in my area), the normal childcare options aren't there. Daycare's aren't opening their doors to these school age kids, the camps that occur during the summer aren't happening. It is definitely looking more like individual neighbors and friends helping each other out. This is definitely is a smaller number of people getting together and possibly infecting one another as opposed to the 2000 kids at my DD's school all going in and out of multiple classrooms, restrooms and cafeteria and using shared laptops/computers. Our school is closed for 5 weeks as of right now. (and we aren't in a hot spot). As far as Then What?? Well, if that doesn't work, who knows. Life got really weird this week!

All local schools closed. Gym announced yesterday they are shutting down for a week and then will reassess. I expect we're out for the duration.

On today's to-do list: order Insanity Max. My daughter's home, and she's been working out four nights a week in college. I expect Planet Fitness is not going to last past mid-week at this point.

The childcare issue - well, the working parent's are scrambling because (at least in my area), the normal childcare options aren't there. Daycare's aren't opening their doors to these school age kids, the camps that occur during the summer aren't happening. It is definitely looking more like individual neighbors and friends helping each other out. This is definitely is a smaller number of people getting together and possibly infecting one another as opposed to the 2000 kids at my DD's school all going in and out of multiple classrooms, restrooms and cafeteria and using shared laptops/computers. Our school is closed for 5 weeks as of right now. (and we aren't in a hot spot). As far as Then What?? Well, if that doesn't work, who knows. Life got really weird this week!
Yeah it did. That’s good that is what is happening in your area. I ish it was happening like that in every area. I know of two hot spot areas where the reverse is happening, which is why I am confused about the logic.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back