WAG Aerial pls help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ballet

Gymnast
I'm required to get my aerial by April 6th but I cant do a pop cartwheel I'm so annoyed and have to Many mental blocks that today I just broke down and cried please help

It’s quite a dangerous practice to require someone to get a skill for a specific date. Gymnasts should be aiming to get skills, when they are physically ready, not for a date/event etc.

Practicing aerials at home is also quite dangerous. Aerials place a lot of pressure on knees and ankles, because you are landing with all your body weight on one leg, and when learning we often land at a funny angle. It is quite easy to dislocate your knee, with an incorrect landing. Once you dislocate your knee once, your are generally plagued with life long knee problems.

I assume you are not attending classes now, as most of the world is not. But you can prepare yourself to return and better at aerials by working on your flexibility, especially all your splits and doing activities for leg strength and power.

My DD learned her aerial when she was a dancer --- by going to the gymnastics club for a tumbling class. It was so much safer than trying to learn it anywhere else. She got it, too. If you aren't training that skill at a gym, I highly recommend waiting until they reopen and joining a tumbling class or clinic.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back