11th July

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Learning Parent GB

Proud Parent
Heathrow Gymnastics have posted about opening up to squad from 11th July subject to final govt approval. Has anyone else heard this date? I know the culture secretary had tweeted about aiming for mid July, but there announcement seems awfully specific. Or maybe gloriously specifc!

No idea. I think we are expecting an announcement later this week with more information.

This is interesting, BG are awaiting further conformation to see if clubs can open soon.

Attachments

• 567D5071-1027-4C89-BD15-2569EA962F28.png
    567D5071-1027-4C89-BD15-2569EA962F28.png
    875.8 KB · Views: 43
I think they clearly can with measures in place.

I read all the guidance yesterday.

From 4th July to end school term (around 17th July give or take a few days) you can provide for groups of children who must all be from the same school and be in the years currently back at school so only Reception, Year 1 and Year 6. That is quite limiting.

From the end of the school term children can be from mixed schools and ages (but there is a mention of under 13 somewhere)

This is all due to child care needed over the school holidays for working parents. Over 13s are expected to not require childcare I suppose.

Will be interesting to see more details come out from BG

I didn't see that bit. My gymnast is over 13. I think we will end up with some more specific guidance soon after him commenting this mornign about indoor gyms being open 'in a couple of weeks'. I had joked about the rest of her squad being allowed back first. Well I thought I was joking.

That is hard! I can’t imagine telling a team that some can return and some can’t because of their age!

I didn't see that bit. My gymnast is over 13. I think we will end up with some more specific guidance soon after him commenting this mornign about indoor gyms being open 'in a couple of weeks'. I had joked about the rest of her squad being allowed back first. Well I thought I was joking.

I have a 13 year old and a 16 year old gymnast, I would upset them if they couldn’t go back when then gym opens and their team mates could, but if it’s a phased return then it wouldn’t be too bad if they only have to wait an extra few weeks. How would this effect the compulsory pathway girls who are not under 13 though ?

I don't think it will happen. I think we will get clarity with an announcement next week. Alongside swimming pools and indoor workout gyms for adults etc.

In WAG compulsory pathway girls will still all be under 14, but those who have made it out the other side to British Champs won't be.

The only bit where I saw age mentioned was in reassuring parents about the low risks in holiday clubs etc. Throughout we've been told that children tend to suffer less badly, but there has to be some point where they stop being children and become adult. A lot of the studies I have seen look at children under 14 as one classification so that is probably why they mentioned that age group to reassure parents.

But who knows anything yet?!

I agree I think it will be clarified to all gymnasts. I think they just haven't sorted it through yet. I think 20th July will be the big day!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back