14 practices untill 1st meet still need a giant!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
My DD as many of you know will be a second year Level7 this year. She is great with that last year she was the only Level 7. Her skills look good except for Bars.

On beam she added a new series, vault she always likes, floor she changed her routine up a little.

Her bars area another sotry. She has been working her giants since May 07. I do believe she is her own worst enemy on bars. Confidence on bars is low. Her 1st team coach always told her she was not strong on bars so she just needed to get them over with :eek: i found this out last year. This may be true but excuse me why would you tell someone that. Ugh! We are glad she no longer coaches at our club. DD came home and said 14 or so practices until her 1st meet. I asked will you be doing a giant in this routine. Oh yeah she says why not. Gotta l ovethe confidenceshe is gaining.However she has not so far done one in a full routine. We will see.

I don't care how she does as long as she is happy and having fun. I however know if she doesnt do a giant in her 1st meet the car ride home will be a drag. On the up side she has 5 teammates all with different strengths it should be a great year for our club.

So here is counting the practices untill the 1st meet. Who knows maybe she will pull it out of her hat with the last minute pressure on. I know and so does her coach she can do it. When she does the giant I will post it all for you to see. Thanks for listening.

Sending you the giant fairy (by the way she's actually very small, she just has an unfortunate name!!!:D) hope she can help your DD "get over" her giant troubles!:D

I totally can empathise with being stuck on a skill, it will come, just not necessarily when you want it!!!:eek:

i have the same problem. except more practices until my 1st meet. different level though.

I wish her luck getting those giants. I know how your feeling about doing this as long as their happy. My DD did her second year of 7 last year and got alot of new skills. Now level 8 is is like her first year of 7. Has some events bars, vault two of her three floor passes and wont do her backwalkover-backhandsping.I have a feeling im in for a long year. Us moms just have to be supportive and hope for the best.

DD's friend is a 2nd year Level 8 still struggling with beam. I think 8 is a hard road but, think how much they have done to even get that far. Wow it is amazing isnt it. Most girls drop at 5 o r 6. Have you done your 1st meet yet? I noticed you are from MN what club are you at?? We are at MN Valley Gymnastics. Gopher Invite is our 1st meet. Thanks for the support. maybe wwe will run into each other this year. Kristilyn73 DD is also a 1st year level 8 from MN and struggling with a couple of skills. We will all get there eventually. I think our DD's will keep those fairies busy. :p

Sending bar fairy your way - can't use her right now (no bars until the cast comes off :p ) anyway !!

We will keep her in our thoughts !!!

Beetle will share her fairy with P -

I hope we can see you guys at the meet - I would Love to be in the stands when she does that Giant in Competition!!! I know she can do it..

Beetle is rooting for her too, she wants to give P a big Cyper Hug.

I wish her luck getting those giants. I know how your feeling about doing this as long as their happy. My DD did her second year of 7 last year and got alot of new skills. Now level 8 is is like her first year of 7. Has some events bars, vault two of her three floor passes and wont do her backwalkover-backhandsping.I have a feeling im in for a long year. Us moms just have to be supportive and hope for the best.

It is nice to hear that other parents feel the same. Beetle has all her skills on Beam and Floor.. she is inconsistent with her pirouettes on bars. She does not have a 10.0 start value on vault.. she will be competing some sort of twisting vault - we just dont know how many twists yet.. LOL

Let Gym Monkey Mom and I know what meets your DD will be at - It is fun to see other MN parents on the "Bucket"!

Sending the "get the giants now" fairy your way. Too bad she had a coach that put it in her head that she was weak on bars---that sure doesn't help(we know that from experience). Is she committed to giants or nothing or this there a back up bar routine with a clear hip? We certainly want to read those reports that she did the giants in a meet.

If anyone has a "quit playing with beam routines" fairy, please send it our way. One coach who helps with beam/floor for the compulsory girls and beam for the L7s is now messing with all the L8 beam routines. They have their mock meet in 2 weeks and yesterday she pulled the solo acro skill out of all of the routines. Ok, they have the required no. of As/Bs, but the routines look very "naked" and the girls had been busting their butts to get every skill. They need to take this coach out of the picture and let another coach work with the 8s on floor and beam. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back