1st Chalk Bucket's "Unique" Contest

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

henrik541

Gymnast
I noticed that CB's Parents have their own contest and I tought we should too. So I propose... the 1st Chalk Bucket's "Unique" Contest!
Here are the rules:

1. You have to submit a new skill created by you.
  2. You should embbed a video or post a picture but you can also just describe it.
  3. The skill has to be submitted until 30 October 2010 :)
  4. From there you can vote your favorite skill by thanking their post.
If you have anything to say or change, fel free to post.

Great idea Henrik541. I will let the winner put their title in their sig, just like with the Parents CB Challenge!

Well, here's my entry...

The Backwards Press Handstand.
Extreme test of shoulder flexibility...
First, you sit on the ground in a straddle, with your hands outside of your legs. Press your butt off of the ground, and pull your toes into the air. Slowly open hip angle into a handstand, then jump to twist shoulders into a regular handstand shape. Press down to straddle sit.
:D
I actually made this up awhile ago, not sure if it's a skill or not, but it is TOUGH!! It took me months and months to perfect this, so I figured, why not enter it? I don't feel comfortable putting up a video of me, but I took a series of pictures, they go in order left to right, then down to the next row, left to right, etc.

P.S. Good luck trying this skill. I fell down about 10000 times when I was making it up...:eek:
ETA: The picture is pretty small, but it's still a good visual. :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 331
Pretty much! :) Votes only count for the post with the skill, not other posts and it'd be better if we only voted after October 30th. Is that ok for y'all?

Okay, here's mine (I don't have a video or any pictures so I will have to describe it):
Arabian Flyaway (on bars):
-cast down like you would for a normal flyaway
-swing to horizontal (again like a normal flyaway)
-let go of the bar
-imediantly roll over so that your stomach and face it to the ground (like a log roll in the air)
-then preform a front tuck, pike or layout (flip) (you are flipping towards the bar)
-land on feet
I hope you understand this, if not I will try and explain again. If I you have access to a pit bar and a coach that is willing to let you try it feel free to and post a video for me :) My gym doesn't have a pit and I don't want to try it onto a competition landing surface.

Don't have a video, but I can do front hand spring right back into a back hand spring over and over again and also turn around by doing a round off or a barani when I get enough height. I can also do it one handed. I don't know how impressive it really is, it makes me dizzy and everyone at the gym loves watching it.

Tumble track, wish it was the floor then it would be really impressive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back