Parents 1st Level 6 Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
Yesterday was DD first Level 6 meet. I have posted several times on this forum about how she struggles with bars and appreciate everyones input. I was very worried she would be disappointed in herself at this meet (crazy mom). I had visions of her falling off the beam (that dreaded full turn), not being able to do her bar rountine ( I never saw her complete one), the front tuck on floor ( can go over or be short) and her vault is very inconsistant (very archy). They work so hard 16 hrs a week.

Anyway, after all of my worst case overanalyzing, she had a great day. She did some of the best routines she has ever done and was very proud of herself. She completed her bar routine (several form issues) for a 6.55, did two very nice vaults (8.55), a solid as a rock beam (8.6, I thought should have been higher) and a nice floor rountine (8.75)

Not bad for her 1st meet.

Here is the video. Take a look YouTube - Judge's Cup - Level 6 Gymnastics

Great job! I'll bet she's proud of herself! She should be. I love her flexibility, she can really get those legs extended! Tell her good job, and have an awesome season!:p

It's weird. She has good leaps, but not a great straddle jump. You would think the straddle would be easy for her. She has her middle split.

Thanks!

She did a great job on her first meet, you will see things improve with each meet. She must be very proud of herself.

She did well and none of your fears came true---good way to start the season. Now you know why people say L6 is tough. Each meet will get better and better.
Good start!!!

Great job on her first level 6 meet. Those level 6 bars are tough. My dd started off her season last year with some low scores and really did well with bars by the end of the season (even got a second place medal once). I was always nervous watching meets, but somehow my dd always did so much better in competition than practice.

Great job! I wish you all the best of luck with the rest of your season. what a relief to get those first meet jitters behind you. Congratulations

She did a great job for her first L6 meet and I bet she will just get better. Her beam and floor were beautiful, she will connect her bars better soon! It is obvious she is working hard and that she was having fun out there. :D

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. My dd loves reading them, especially the ones that say she has long legs and high kicks. She thinks that's funny since we call her a shorty. She's 11 and 54 inches.

She did a great job! Loved her steady BWO on the beam! As others have said level 6 is a toughy...they tend to score harder. We had a "just get through it attitude". At L6 judges seem to be looking for refinement in skills...to give the really BIG scores. I've heard Judge's Cup meets tend to be scored harder too...any one else ever hear that? Well, I think she did a fine job! Great start to your level 6 season. Congratulations!:)

She did great:)! She is very flexible and has awesome kicks! I know they say that level 6 is a tough one, and I have heard especially bars:(, but I would say that she is off to a great start!! Good luck for a great season:)!

I have heard that Judge's cup is scored tougher.

I thought her vault and beam scores seemed low. (There were 28 girls in her category and they only went out 8 places. Her 8.6 on beam was 8th place, so I think tough scoring)Although I admit I have no idea on scoring especially on vault. Her vault looked nice to me. I missed the 2nd vault on video and that one was more powerful than the one I got on video.

On beam, I guess her deductions are on leaps/jumps and the dismount. I am not sure. Anyone have any ideas of what her deductions were?

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back