Parents 1st Meet and giant Update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
Ok so for those of you who have been following DD's giant mental block issue here is the latest.

DD and I have had several long talks on this subject basically it boils down to she has hit a mental block wall after the cast to about handstand:mad:. I think it is the under swing. She says her head tells her she can't do it. UGH!! Who programmed that voice?? Not me. My friend told her to tell that voice CAN SO. So she wrote it on her hand and has been trying hard this week.

Her coach says he knows she can physically do it if she can retrain her head. So last night she almost did one complete. yeah!! Coach was very proud of her said it was the best effort in 1 - 2 months. He wants to let her try to compete it this weekend at her 1st meet this season. She is 2nd year level 7 and her clear hips are not pretty. He feels like if she does not continue to feel a psuh and pressure on this she will back off again. Whoes type double A child is this anyways?:eek:

So please pray for her to gain more confidence before sunday evenings meet. I do not really care what she does only that she gets past this whole giant mental block stronger for it. We start on bars also. DD is not fond of this meet feels the venue is way to big! The first meet of the season is practice anyways right?? I am gratefull all her other events look good. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your support:eek:

Sending her lots of positive vibes that she CAN do her giants. Hope she gets over her mental block. Lots of good luck to her at her 1st meet of the season as well. And calming vibes for you!

Have either of you guys checked out these guys?

Headgames
Headgames

Sending all the mental support we can GMM!!! Our DD's sound very similar. My DD has had many mental blocks along the way...giants are her issue right now too. She can do 1 on the pit bar, so at least she's going for it & I'm grateful for that. But she's now where near ready to compete them. She'll be doing clear hips this weekend at her meet. My DD also doesn't care for the big venues either...too overwheming & heaven forbid if she should end up that 1st session of a meet...she really doesn't have much energy until noon!!! Totally type A++++. We've had success with Doc Alli's program. I've posted a link about it before, PM if you'd like more info. Good luck to your DD!!! She'll get that giant!!! If she's like my DD, it's taking so long b/c she wants to do it perfectly the 1st time & every time...and that's why she just doesn't "go for" things.

GMM----sending some giant fairies your way. It is so tough when they get all tied up with the head game. I know. We've been through it on beam(and probably not done). I would hear about not being able to do a bwo-bhs because while her body said yes, the head said no. I wish I had the magic that made the head finally say yes to share. I think it finally came down to realizing she had to do this if she wanted to move to L8 and that may be what it takes for your dd. She has to do the giants(even just 1 at 1st meet) to compete AA or whatever.

Sending her lots of positive vibes that she CAN do her giants. Hope she gets over her mental block. Lots of good luck to her at her 1st meet of the season as well. And calming vibes for you!

Have either of you guys checked out these guys?

Headgames
Headgames
Yes mariposamama! Thanks for posting the links! I swear by Doc Alli & her program:D!!! It's not an overnight fix...but it is what most gymmies with fear issues need to get past mental blocks. And I think her techniques would actually benefit all gymmies. My DD uses Doc Alli's techniques & they do help her in the long haul. She just has to remember to use them. Some time she for gets or it doesn't dawn on her to use them.

Our gym has used her (or it was her graduate assistant) before for anyone who wanted to divide up the cost among them to have her come to them. I didn't do it because my gymmie is only 6 and I don't think it would help her out as she wouldn't pay attention to her. LOL. If she was older, I totally would have gone for it. :D

Sending the bars fairy also.We shure had our share of mental blocks.Tell her to be strong and don't give up.

We are right there with you, can you feel the good vibes coming your way? Giants are the monster in Cates closet as well, that and the cast handstand. As soon as we are done with the bar fairies saturday morning, be assured we will shoo them your way! It helps so much to hear ohers dealing with the same issues, what a great support group we have. In level 5 it used to be the squat-on/jump. Good, good, good luck on Sunday!

Beetle and I are praying for Gym Monkey! We know she can do it.. I hope she finds the confidence in herself!

Hang in there.. it is amazing what these girls do once meet season actually happens!

hugs!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back