Parents 1st Meet in the books

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MuggleMom

Proud Parent
Well we competed our first official Level 6 meet and despite some issues it went really well. The hotel we stayed at wasnt the best the beds were really uncomfortable so no one got any sleep. DD has been fighting off a cold so without sleep she was miserable in the morning for the 9am warm up time. We get to the meet she warms up and she comes over to me in tears says she has a headache and is tired and cold (the venue was cold) I tell her she should scratch but she really doesnt want to so I give her some Tylenol and tell her to warm up floor and see if she feels any better and if not we just wont compete today. I think the tylenol kicked in she warmed up floor fine competed got a 9 (considering how she was feeling I was shocked!) Then went to vault 8.5 (wasnt her best vault but hey shes not feeling well just proud of her for toughing it out) Then we get to Bars and she pulls out one of the prettiest routines I have seen her do. Beautiful Layout flyaway stuck the landing hit all her handstands she got a 9.45!! Beam was well...beam. Shes had backhandspring issues so she did cartwheel cartwheel and didnt get credit for the connection so got 7.95. So proud of her and she got 1st on bars. Her first first place she was beaming. Her coaches joked maybe she should compete sick more often...I said thats a hard pass lol. She told me last night imagine what I can do when I'm feeling better. So glad her coaches kept a close eye on her too and were ready to pull her if they thought she couldnt compete safely. It was a stressful but good day--she spent the rest of the weekend sick :( but is finally starting to feel better today. Now she has over a month before the next meet to try and get that BHS on beam back :)

Congrats to her! I saw your video on FB and yes, it was a lovely layout flyaway! We have a little over a month until our first meet, but we are leaving for a 10 day vacation tomorrow. A little worried about it, but kiddo finally has all her level 6 skills (although the beam bhs sometimes takes a small vacation), so hopefully, it will be fine!

Sorry she had to compete under the weather! It's tough when you know they aren't feeling the best. But great job on bars! That's something to be proud of for sure!

Congratulations to her for getting through the first meet even though there were some bumps along the way. Best of luck that the next meet will be even better!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back