Parents 1st spring meet results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
Well, it's done..........

I am so proud of what DD has come back to after her 2 months on the DL, but I feel like a rotten parent because I was a little disappointed in her scores. Not in her, but I think you can get used to scoring certain scores.

She has always struggled w/ form and that it what got her today, it got worse not being able to do anything for so long.

Anyway - she did not do bad by any means. She did qualify for States, so that is good.

Beam: 8.950 - 2nd Place
Floor: 8.350 - 5th (out of 5)
Vault: 8.700 - 4th
Bars: 8.800 - 5th

AA: 34.800 5th place (out of 5)

It's great that she qualified for states after being hurt for so long! And in her first meet back! Congrats to her...I am sure those scores will move up as she goes!

That is so wonderful!! Congrats to her for qualifying for state!! What a huge accomplishment. Especially, after just coming back! I'm so happy for you both :)

Wow she did amazingly well after being out for so long. Even more impressive that she qualified to states, she has o much to be proud of, great job.

Those score are nothing to sneeze at! Congratulations on qualifying to States! She must be pumped!

I hope you're going to share video of her accomplishment!

Those are great scores for any brand new L4---especially one coming back from an injury. She had to learn new skills and new routines----thats alot to do in a short time. Just remember each level will be a little tougher as far as judging and now you have a better idea of what the judges are looking for.

Off to states---WOOOOHOOOOO!

Those score are nothing to sneeze at! Congratulations on qualifying to States! She must be pumped!

I hope you're going to share video of her accomplishment!

DH got the video onto the computer, now I just have to put it together and upload it. I will let you know when I accomplish that (not good at that stuff)

I think those are great scores especially for the first meet after an injury.Congrates on qualifieng to states.

Great news! What an accomplishment, qualifiying for States after her months out of the gym!

Her scores were nice! They will rebound to what she is used to.. just think about how far she came in the short period of time after being released to practice 100%.

Congrats again! I cant wait for the video

Wow, great scores and qualifying for states after being out so long!!!!! Don't worry, if this is what she can do 1st time out, thise scores will really be improving. No more states tension she can just have fun. Thats what it's all about right. Big Hugs and Big Congrats from us!

Great job to your dd on qualifing for states!! I think she did amazing job having not much time to get ready due to injury.

Those are great scores, especially after being out so long. She will only get better. I bet she will be able to focus on being tighter once she really gets those routines down backwards and forward. :) Tell her congrats!

I think her scores are great:). She (and you) should be proud! As everyone else said, those scores will keep climbing as the meets go on. Returning after an injury is a challenge, as is starting a new level. She should be proud :D.

Yay! Tell her great job! And she's already going to States, wow! So now she can just focus on having fun, and forget about those scores! :)

She qualified for State at her first meet back--that's awesome! Congrats to her :)!! Her scores will improve as she gets her form back.

Congrats on the qualifying! Those are really good solid scores for a 1st meet at a new level. I think we (both the kids and us parents) get so used to the end of season scores from previous levels, that we forget that when they move up levels, they are learning new skills and we shouldn't expect those 9.5s at the beginning. I'm am just as guilty of that. My dd just moved up to level 5 this year, and although she's doing great, I'd love to see those 36s and 37s again. They will come, as the season progresses hopefully. Your dd is doing extremely well, and she hasn't had that much time back to full training. She'll get those high scores in no time! Way to go!

She qualified for State at her first meet back--that's awesome! Congrats to her :)!! Her scores will improve as she gets her form back.

Thanks - we are so proud of her. She is just so happy to be back. Really that is all that matters.

She is now asking to take Hip Hop classes !!!!

Awesome!

Well, it's done..........

I am so proud of what DD has come back to after her 2 months on the DL, but I feel like a rotten parent because I was a little disappointed in her scores. Not in her, but I think you can get used to scoring certain scores.

She has always struggled w/ form and that it what got her today, it got worse not being able to do anything for so long.

Anyway - she did not do bad by any means. She did qualify for States, so that is good.

Beam: 8.950 - 2nd Place
Floor: 8.350 - 5th (out of 5)
Vault: 8.700 - 4th
Bars: 8.800 - 5th

AA: 34.800 5th place (out of 5)

Great that she qualified for states and she did great all things considered. But, I understand what you are saying about feeling a little diappointed in scores sometimes. I was like that yesterday with my DD who is also officially off the injured gymmie list! I didn't even want her to compete since she already did the L4 states and has moved on to training L5 skills now. To reach back and re-visit the L4 scene after not doing things for awhile seemed silly. But she wanted to do one last meet as a L4 with her team and didn't do as well as I thought she would. She came home with medals but was upset with herself.

Anyway, things will only get better for your DD now that the pressure is off for qualifying for states... and she will only improve & get better and better now as her confidence & strength returns. She will have a great season, you will see.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back