2 meet reports - Level 8 (1st meet) and Level 4 (3rd meet)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

2gymmies

Coach
Proud Parent
Hi Everyone! Crazy gymnastics weekend for our family - my gymmies competed back to back on Sunday so we literally spent 10 hours at a gymnastics meet!

I'll start with little dd because she competed in the morning... I'll start by saying her goal for the day was to get an 8 on bars since she only got 7s at the first two meets and her other goal is always to stand beside her good friend on the awards stand so they can hold hands while they salute! She is 6 her goals are modest! She started on floor and completely rocked - smooth tight and powerful - 9.425 (2nd place). She went to vault and just flew 9.4 (first place). Next was bars and she looked really good in warm ups which usually means something will go wrong in the meet. She wasn't exactly on, but stayed strong and fought through and got a 9.125 (skipped those 8s altogether)! And last was beam, and she totally rocked again, 9.25 (would have been 9.35 but was -.1 for over time). 37.2 all around for second place in the 6-7s I cannot even believe it - she had her best performance in every event and the highest all around on our team! Not bad for the youngest and smallest on the team!:D

Older dd had her first Level 8 meet later in the day - she was so excited just to be competing Level 8 that she came in with very few goals, just get through and treat it like practice! She started on bars, her nemesis - she just put her giant flyaway between the bars 2 weeks ago, so we knew there was a very real chance she would miss it. She hit her low bar pirouette, handstand and clear hip, but was a little off on her squat on so her jump to the high bar was off so her kip cast handstand was off so she missed her giant :( but she got back on went for it again and made it - Sooooo proud! 8.45 (with a fall, 4th place). Next beam, looked great - pretty on for the whole thing except a wobble on the full turn and a step on the dismount. 9.275, 2nd place. Floor was good, front 2 salto pass was stuck, back full had a couple steps, made her double turn - relaxed alittle to much on the last pass and kind of whipped her back layout. Bummer - 9.05, 5th place. A good back layout and I think she is 1st or 2nd because it was only like a couple tenths between them. On vault she just did a front handspring because her flipping vault is not ready. 8.2 out of a 9 SV, no place. 34.975 all around, 3rd place for 12 and under. Overall, a positive experience and some definite places for improvement.

Thanks for reading!

wow that is a long day !! both your DD's did amazing !!! little DD should really be rocking by States and what a way to start older DD L8 season. I know you ate very proud.

Congrats to both of your DD's on what sounds like a fun but exhausting day! Boy, I don't miss the 2 session days anymore after having done it for several years!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back