WAG 2 months off..D: HELP!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnast4

Hey! So I have had a toe joint injury for the past 8 months so I decided to take off July and August to let it heal. My doctor has me in a walking boot for three weeks. This may sound extreme for just a toe but it really needs the time off to heal because it is very painful. (it has synovitis which is inflammation of the joints synovial fluids) Heres the problem, i just got my ROBHS and I am scared that I will not be able to do it an other skills. Just wondering if it is likely that I will lose skills and if there is anything I can do to prevent that from happening. Thanks in advance guys!:)

Swim a lot, if you can. Do your conditioning every day and stretch a lot.

My girls old gym closed for 14 weeks each summer, I was always impressed that the girls didn't lose skills, but the first few weeks were full of muscle soreness.

Just because you can't tumble doesn't mean you should be on the couch at home.

Go to the gym, work on whatever you can such as strength, flexibility and conditioning.

Just be careful to not drop down from a pullup bar and hurt it. Shouldn't really be a problem in a boot.

You can still work Handstands and press handstands, rope climbs, virtually all that jazz except jumping. You can squat in a boot.

OTOH, you do need to rest as well. Moving around should help recovery because of blood flow but don't do anything stupid in the meanwhile.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back