Parents 2 nd Level 9 meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I guess after this meet nothing should surprises me anymore.It was a small meet.One age group for Level 9.So I guess anywhere from age 11 to 17 or so.
Started out on bars were she did bad the last time.She worked really ard over the last week and although her score was not great she improved it by 1.4 points.Pirouette was not to nice and she had an extra swing before she did her overshoot but held her feet up comming out of the overshoot.Landed her doubleback on warmup but overrotated when she competed.
On beam she fell twice.On her bhs bhs series and the fhs.Hopefully will be better the next meet.
On floor she did her bhs 1 /2 tuck in warmup but fell in competition.
Vault she did her piked tsuk but scorred lower than normal.
Everybady seemed to score lower at this competiton.So her bar score improved but everything else was down a little.All around was a little down too.
She got 3 rd place on vault,beam,floor.% th on bars.
Here the surprise now.
She made 1 st All around.

Next meet in 2 weeks.Don't know if I will post video on youtube.
She does a great floor and beam routine in the gym(without falling) and I hope she soon will be confident enought o match her performance at meets.

Wow, congratulations to your daughter on the 1st place AA!

She's learned some *huge* skills in a short amount of time. Consistency will come in time.

You must be very proud:)

Great job, nice to see improvements since her last meet and it hasn't been that long. Glad she got to take home some bling.

Congrats to your dd. Just goes to show you to never put too much into the numbers from meet to meet. Some meets score higher, some lower. Can't ask for better than first all around though :D

Congrats on the AA placement! Isnt it crazy how that happens?

It is only her 2nd L9 meet.. the consistency will come. And Way to go on the bars! that is a great jump in her score!

Well Looks like I had some typing problems last night.We got home late.Awards got over at 1045pm.So here are the corrections.She fell on her bhs 1 1/2 tuck on floor and got 5 th place on bars.There were 10 Level 9's in her agegroup.

Well done! I have found that when scores are low for your daughter they tend to be low for everyone so it all evens out. How about that First AA! Awesome!

Congrats to her on 1st AA. She is really doing so well. I guess the question of whether she should move to level 9 has long been answered. I am sure that she will just get better and better and of course we all have off days. She is working hard and it shows. :D

Great job!!! don't you just love competing against 17 yr olds...lol...suppose it didn't make a difference!! She did great! Congrats!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back