2007 World Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Great to see her happy

It is so great after watching her beam and bars how happy Nastia is, good for her and may she prove the critics wrong, she was coming back fro an injury and that is never easy!!! Good job team USA.

Nastia did an awesome job... here is Shawn Johnson's - great routine, but her dismount landing clearly made the difference in her score... she will fight even harder tomorrow. It is going to be one heck of a competition:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qThMh9YY2kg

[youtube]qThMh9YY2kg[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Nastia FX = 14.575

won't let me post... looks like its due to the last 3 letters of the object. But its available on you tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkgKCob6***

EDIT from |||JBS|||: Our filters are editing out the last three letters. Here is the routine.

[youtube]uv2KJusiXgA[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting that! Nastia's bars were amazing, but I was even more impressed with her vault. She went from not getting enough height off the vault and not being able to landit, to being able to get great distance and just one hop in two weeks! She sure is a fighter, and I hope she isn't in too much pain. I wish her the best of luck in all her finals. Go USA!

Last edited:
After vault the US was 5th with 3 rotations left!!

Shawn (15.375) & Nastia (16.375) both nailed their bar routines (waiting for shayla worley to compete now...)

tx soooooo much bogwoppit - definately worth downloading!

Going into the final rotation (US floor):

1. China
  2. US
  3. Russia
I missed alicia's routine:(... nastia choked on her beam dismount, but still brought it for a 15.175

and shawn fell off & lots of wobbles today :(, I missed her score, but even then the US pulled off 2nd thus far.

That was so Great!!!!

Alicia & Shawn delivered on floor! The US walks away with the GOLD!

184.4 to Chinas 183.45

They were truely awesome - and this gold medal is well deserved! :)
Also China did really well - but mistakes prooved to be costly for them...as well as for Romania.
Romania was lucky to win bronze after Kramarenko from Russia scored a 0 on vault!!!! She stopped her run but touched the board and vaulting table....:( What a misery.....:(

Martin - I was actually surprised by the US scores, with shawn's fall on beam & Nastia's beam dismount... I thought the deduction was greater. But of course I am thrilled for the US taking gold only for the 2nd time at Worlds... It was very sad for Ekaterina & Russia, they would have been 3rd for sure... I learned a lot just from watching, of course I am a fan of the US first & foremost, but I have a great deal of respect for and am now a fan of Yilin Yang, Steliana Nistor, Jade Barbosa & Ekaterina Kramerenko. So many beautiful different styles in other countries - I feel sheltered:) Did you go to the event?

Hey INGYNMOM,

Are you watching today. I have an appointment and I 'll have to miss the satrt and maybe the end as I have to drive the little one to gym!!!

Can't wait to see how Shawn and Nastia do. There aren't really any Canadians left to cheer. I also am hoping for something for Beth Tweddle (England).

Bog - I am really looking fwd to todays competition - def watching... I am still using the channel you rec'd to watch. The US and Beth will be up on vault 1st so maybe you will catch the bars & beam rotation... can't wait!!!:D

They never really reviewed what happened to Nastia on the beam. I was watching the webcast and they kept on repeating a great part of her routine but never showed the dismount again. I think she scored well because of her difficulty.

On another topic relating to worlds, how the heck do they pick the top 6?? Certainly not from the top 6 at the VISA Championships. The reason I'm upset about it is that they chose Samantha Peszek who placed 10th then 7th and all her scores but 1 were under 14.00 on the first day of competition over Geralen Stack-Eaton from our gym who placed 6th on both days. I believe politics come into play. Doesn't seem fair, though. JMHO.:(

They never really reviewed what happened to Nastia on the beam. I was watching the webcast and they kept on repeating a great part of her routine but never showed the dismount again. I think she scored well because of her difficulty.

the routine was wonderful, but that dismount left lots to be desired... i thought the dismount was a big part of the score? Oh well, still proud of our US team for doing so well....

On another topic relating to worlds, how the heck do they pick the top 6?? Certainly not from the top 6 at the VISA Championships. The reason I'm upset about it is that they chose Samantha Peszek who placed 10th then 7th and all her scores but 1 were under 14.00 on the first day of competition over Geralen Stack-Eaton from our gym who placed 6th on both days. I believe politics come into play. Doesn't seem fair, though. JMHO.:(

Politics plays a huge part in the process - it is very unfortunate, but seems to be a fact. Sam is ok, I have seen her in person, but I was not totally wowed by her - her mom & dad (used to be but not certain if he still is) are both affiliated with USAG though (hint, hint)... mom is the publications director & dad can't remember, but there was an affiliation once.

If you watch nastia's beam on youtube. You can see her foot misses the beam on her round off, there is not way she could make it for her real disomount. Lucky for the USA, china made mistakes too.

CCTV5 is running behind, which is great, that way I didn't miss too much, though I may miss the end, ah well I am grateful to see any of it really.:D

Bog - After the 1st rotation it was:

1. Jade Barbosa
  2. Yilin Yang
  3. Shawn Johnson'
  4. Vanessa ferrari
8. Nastia Liukin
10. Beth Tweedle

did you get back in time to see Nastia compete UB's?

The US competed UB's in the 2nd rotation and did very well... V. Ferrari had a fall on her UB's ... darnet I just missed shawn's UB score... did anyone else catch it?

Nastia just fell on beam!! :confused: The beam didn't look to stable to me! Poor thing.....:worried:

Nastia just fell on beam!! :confused: The beam didn't look to stable to me! Poor thing.....:worried:

no worries - those were just warm-ups... nastia and shawn compete last

never mind!! aww geez, just saw the fall - cctv must still be running behind - I thought it was Live....

Last edited:
alright with Jade's fall & shawns beautiful floor - I would have to say miss johnson is a lock for the gold!! I know that real time someone knows for sure.... anybody???

WOW!!! That was awesome!! The World Championship Women's AA final

1. Shawn Johnson 61.875
  2. Steliana Nistor 60.625
  3. Jade Barbosa 60.55
  4. (T) Vanessa Ferrari 60.55
  5. Nastia Liukin
SOOOOOOO happy for Shawn, but that was absolutely heartbreaking for Jade Barbosa - she is an amazing competitor!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back