2008 World Cup in Cottbus, Germany

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Yes, if you have any questions, you can ask and I`m up for help also.

I agree it`s a pity the website is not available in English....

I was just mentioning it because it would be nice to be able to read the whole site is all. Nothing specific. But thanks for offering.

Hopefully the commentators will learn how to pronounce German (I watched the WCSN.net coverage for the '07 Worlds, and if I had a dollar for each time Bart & Tasha butchered "Stuttgart" or some other easy German word, I'd be a rich woman).

Can you find the roster on the website?? I have no idea how to even begin finding it lol

thanks!! Looks like china's finally putting out their "A" team... this is going to be interesting

Yes, it`s looking like a really great meet! :) It always is actually, but this time the roster looks especially great! :)

There have been some changes to the roster now - it was updated yesterday.

Who are your favorites entering this meet?
I hope the US will soon announce the female athletes they send.....

Oh; I'm bummed that Pavlova is off the list for Russia. I think it's going to be a great beam lineup with Li Shanshan and Xiao Sha. I'm anxious to see the US lineup too. I'm hoping they send Ashley Priess because we haven't seen her in forever--she was injured all last year. MLT's been saying that she's coming back strong and has upgraded bars. The US could use another strong bar worker for Beijing, so I'm excited to see what she'd got.

Last edited:
Yes, I`m sad also for Pavlova not being there! :( But well, as long as she is not injured I think I can live with it. ;)
I agree - beam should be great.
They seem to let us wait forever for new updates to the list......I`m dying to know who the US is sending....

2008 world cup in cootbus, germany

so china will be sending he kexin,li shanshan,yang yilin and xiao sha. so do you think all the four gymnasts will compete in all the apparatuses? by the way how many gymnast can a country compete in?

im also happy with the participation of anna myzdrikova. she has alot of potential and i hope she will win in the floor.

and will yang yilin unvail her new UB routine or He kexin's roumored amanar vault and a new UB routine? or li shanshan's new floor and beam set?
will xiao sha be consistent this time to show she can compete in the olympics? yays im so excited!

jade barbosa is present and nistor will also be present.
im really wondering if usa will also send a high caliber gymnasts here.

:)

by the way im new here.

who do you think will make to the olmypic team per country?

this will be my line up.
China
Vault- cheng 6.5, yuyuan 6.5 and he kexin 6.5
UB- he kexin 7.5, yuyuan 7.1 and yanf yilin 7+
BB- Li shanshan 7.4, cheng fei (rumoured with a 7.3), xiao sha 7.0
FX- Cheng 6.5, yuyuan 6.3 li shanshan 6.0

so who do you think will russia, roumania and USA will send?

as youcan see china will be really strong in vault with 3 gymnasts doing the amanar, and also 3 gymnast Doing the UB and BB with 7+ A scores.

Usa can only have 2 gymnast who can do the amanar(shawn and maybe alicia), only nastia have the 7+ A score in the UB (with my assessment right now i dont see any usa gymnast who can really score high in UB except for worley who can upgrade her A score) None of the usa gymnasts does have atleast a 7 A scoreon the BB. liukin has 6.6 and shanwn has 6.8.
Floor is the best apparatus for the americans with gymnast having a 6+ A scores.

Vault will go to china
UB will go to china
BB will go to china
FX will go to USA

Gold- china
silver- USA
Bronze- Russia or Roumania

I feel that the battle for the bronze medal will be more intense because russia and roumania is in equal footing in terms of A scores and perfromances.

what do you think?

Hey heavenkit! :)

Well, there is no information yet on which gymnasts will compete on which events. However, they can not all compete on all events.
You can send up to 6 male and 4 female gymnasts to this competition. But only 2 can enter qualifications per event, so they will have to make a choice. But as China is sending 4 females I am sure we will see at least one of them on each event. :) It should be very interesting to see their routines.
They are one of the highlights for sure, but there are several more...

By now I am wondering if the USA will send female gymnasts at all as there still aren`t given any names for them...

^^^^

6 hours earlier then it comes on in Germany. Europe is 6 hours ahead, except Portugal, the UK and Ireland...which are 5 hours ahead of New York time.

do you think the usa women would already be there if they were competing? It starts in 2 days...I don't know, but even if they leave tomorrow, that might cut it close...

Yeah; I'm giving up hope of the US sending any women. I guess everyone healthy enough to compete has done so recently at Am Cup and Pac.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back