2011 National tops testing results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ok so as I sit here and (not so ) patiently await the results a couple of questions.. does anyone know what the cut off was for 8 year olds on team a and b last year? also how do they figure out the adjusted score? also what percent is skills/abilities for 8 year olds?

I am also a not so patient parent trying to figure out national scoring! I have her scores, but no idea what her chances are! If anyone has any inside knowledge could you please let me know what you think? She tested as a 9 yr old. She wants to at least make the B team as she went last yr as an 8 yr old and didn't even make that! I heard that a skills score of 35 and over made A team no matter what so is she out of the running with only a 34.4? Her scores on 10/01 & 10/02:
Physical Abilities:
13/14 splits
8.2 rope climb
3.22 sprint
9 cast handstands
9 presses (flexed an elbow on 1)
60 sec handstand hold
16 1/2" vertical jump
5 bridge

Skills:
9.4 beam dance
9.0 beam acro
9.0 floor dance
8.6 floor acro (with 1 fall and 1 incomplete skill)
8.6 vault (twisted her ankle in warm-up)
7.8 bars (due to 2 falls)

8 & 9 year old are now 60/40, 10 yo 70/30 as far as skills/ phys abilities.

We were told that we (the coaches) will get an email w our athletes numbers either MOn/Tues. We are supposed to check the numbers, and report any errors back. We will receive our athletes total score-then on Thurs or Fri the cut off scores will be posted on the TOPs site.

Hard to tell with your dd;s scores-not sure of her age. Its going to be really tough to make A camp w any score in the 7's- but who knows. All her other scores are great. Gary said he is still going take fewer 8 year olds- and more 9 and 10 year olds.

She's 9- she was devastated about the falls on bars, but her coach did say to go all out!

see my previous post about the timeline and how its going to work-Gary changed his mind about the format and told us Sunday morning- and I have not yet received my numbers to check.

Does anyone know how they come up with the adjusted totals? is there a formula? I don't see how they get it just by doing 60 % skills 40 % abiltiies?

I am also a not so patient parent trying to figure out national scoring! I have her scores, but no idea what her chances are! If anyone has any inside knowledge could you please let me know what you think? She tested as a 9 yr old. She wants to at least make the B team as she went last yr as an 8 yr old and didn't even make that! I heard that a skills score of 35 and over made A team no matter what so is she out of the running with only a 34.4? Her scores on 10/01 & 10/02:
Physical Abilities:
13/14 splits
8.2 rope climb
3.22 sprint
9 cast handstands
9 presses (flexed an elbow on 1)
60 sec handstand hold
16 1/2" vertical jump
5 bridge

Skills:
9.4 beam dance
9.0 beam acro
9.0 floor dance
8.6 floor acro (with 1 fall and 1 incomplete skill)
8.6 vault (twisted her ankle in warm-up)
7.8 bars (due to 2 falls)

I would say she has a great chance of making A team even with the bars score since she did awesome on physical abilities. What did she get on leg lifts? Did she have any deductions on handstand or rope? My DD tested as a 9yo as well.

She got 20 leg lifts, and was the only girl in her testing group who DIDN'T get any form deductions except for 1 press handstand when she apparently flexed one elbow coming down.

Last year 9yo was 60% skills / 40% physical abilities so it looks like she has a really good chance. Hope we find out results soon!

I found out from DD coach today that she made the A team:) I assume that meant she got an email this morning sometime. Hopefully you should know something soon!!

Hi all!

New to this board....and so glad I found it. My DD, 9 yrs. old, we just got word that she made the A TEAM!!!! I am sooooo thrilled!! Last year she made Camp B and her goal was to make Camp A and she did!!!! Expenses paid!!! (well besides the coaches expenses for her coach but it's still alot better than having to pay hers and coaches!!). I'm speechless and all her hard word and dedication has paid off. couldn't be more prouder!!!!

She is also a two-time state champion as well, winning first AA in 2010 and 2011. She has accomplished so much and she's truly my hero...she is so amazing.

Best of luck and congrats to all who has made Camp B and especially Camp A!!!!! :)

Did your DD make the A or B team? I am not sure what the cut off is or was ..... My daughter had good day @ pa but a fall on beam. I am happy to say that she made the "b" team ..... Coach said just missed cut off. Just wondered if you had heard what that was.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back