DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
After the competition they announced the national team. Here they are...what does everyone think?

U.S. Senior National Team
Rebecca Bross
Bridgette Caquatto
Mackenzie Caquatto
Gabrielle Douglas
Shawn Johnson
McKayla Maroney
Chellsie Memmel
Alexandra Raisman
Alicia Sacramone
Sabrina Vega
Jordyn Wieber

U.S. Junior National Team
Kennedy Baker
Brianna Brown
Madison Desch
Brenna Dowell
Sarah Finnegan
Amelia Hundley
Ballie Key
Katelyn Ohashi
Elizabeth Price
Lexie Priessman
Kyla Ross
Mckayla Skinner
Kiana Winston

Do they ever add people at a later time? What about gymnasts that are injured or didn't compete all around at VISA's? Like Jetter or Sloan? I'm surprised Anna Li didn't get put on it with her bars potential?!

you have to compete at least 3 events and their individual event scores must be higher than that of the all arounders unlike Li. but that doesn't mean that she doesn't have a chance for worlds. yes, they can add someone later but it will most likely be thru verification at camp. injured/didn't compete always get their chance at verification.

and they usually have 12 seniors on the team. i only saw what was above. i assume that is what is on the USAG site. only 11 are listed. so, that might mean 1 more to be named at the next camp.

our team is a bit depleted because of this code. same all over the world. i say if you have 30, bring them ALL to worlds and whomever is healthy goes. unfortunatley, that's not how it works.:)

With Bross injured, the US chances to come even close to the Chinese and Russians on bars seems pretty slim. And even more so if Memmel's shoulder doesn't hold up. Looking at that list, without Bross or Memmel, is it possible the US might have to rely on Shawn Johnson to be one of the top bar workers?! Crazy! Though at least she is consistent, and might even be able to get her difficulty back up between now and worlds.

What are Sloan's chances to be in the picture for National team and worlds. She said that she is 95% and trained at nationals. Does anyone have any thoughts?

With the current state of the team Bridget's bars and possibly floor could be valuable if she is healthy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back