WAG 2014 NCAA Gymnastics Championships live

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am the only getting annoyed at the announcer proclaiming stuck landings when they take a step? Or "her legs were glued together!" when they were shoulder width apart. I guess I don't think NCAA should be easier than JO level 10.

I think I know which routine you are talking about...or at least one. The double layout bar dismount with legs glued together except you know when they were a foot apart. Handstands were not hit and form breaks and yet they said it could be the first 10 of the day bc it was perfect?!?!

Is there anywhere I can watch a recording of the whole competition? I missed the live broadcast.

Last evening I had the above vid link playing in the background on a screen by the uneven bars. I started playing it when the optional athletes were starting their UB conditioning. They said they were motivated by it. Conditioning quality and tempo increased visibly. I was very proud of their efforts and told them so. A group of my older athletes took a moment to thank me before they left the gym. They said it was "super motivating." They asked to do it more often. Hmmmm....

For the second year in a row, I have arranged to have 3 gymnasts on our local D1 team visit our gym (in couple of weeks). They will be speaking to setting/achieving goals and being your best. (This is the time of year the team athletes go thru a goal setting training session and then actually setting next seasons goals.) I will make it a BIG deal and have autograph session with Rec/Team/Moms. The team gymnasts are working on preparing an autographed team pic, notes and autographed gym t-shirts for the women. They have a short speak time with Rec. kids and then head into a sessions with 3 Team groups. Their college attired , intelligence, athletic women were excellent spokespersons for their sport and school. Their love of the sport and caring for developmental athletes was impressive. I look forward to this upcoming visit. Our gymnasts are enormous fans of the D1 athletes. They and family members, attend many of the home meets, cheer, make signs for their personal favs, and correspond.

Best, SBG -

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back