Parents 2015 tops cut off score 10 year old

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

These were last year's cutoff scores to make it to national testing:

Diamond 41.33
8s 62.96
9s 77.31
10s 83

Do you know for Diamond Team...was 41.33 the highest score? My friends daughter made diamond team with a score less than that and she has wondered what the range of scores was for the diamond team qualifiers. Any insight you could provide would be much appreciated! TIA

To make Diamond, you had to have a score at least that high last year. It changes year to year, was she diamond last year?

To make Diamond, you had to have a score at least that high last year. It changes year to year, was she diamond last year?

Yes she made diamond team in 2015. Her "adjusted" score was lower than that but her pa total before it was adjusted was much higher than 41.33 so maybe that's it? The 41.33 is the raw score before the adjusted total? Not even sure what the purpose of an adjusted total is.

I didn't think there was an adjusted total for 7 year olds. There is no skills testing, so PA makes up 100% of the score.

Thank you @Amyk333.

We were only told who passed and didn't pass, and didn't get the actual results or score sheets. But it's nice to know and have a reference point.

These were last year's cutoff scores to make it to national testing:

Diamond 41.33
8s 62.96
9s 77.31
10s 83

I think because of the way the kicks and holds are scored maybe.

Kicks/holds are still pretty easy to figure...it's just their total score divided by three, maximum 12 points. I didn't really think of that part as an adjusted score. DD was also Diamond team last year.

If your friends DD had a lower score after the kicks were properly totaled, then I have no idea!

Can you explain how to calculate the scores? Also, I know rope climb is calculated later, but do you know a good time for an 8 year old? We are totally new to TOPs, any information about testing would be greatly appreciated!!!

Do you know for Diamond Team...was 41.33 the highest score? My friends daughter made diamond team with a score less than that and she has wondered what the range of scores was for the diamond team qualifiers. Any insight you could provide would be much appreciated! TIA

41.33 is the cut-off score. It was definitely not the highest score as I know for a fact that there was at least 1 diamond team member that had a very near if not perfect score. The max score for 7 year olds is 62. The only thing that is 'figured' is the kicks/holds. There's a max score of 36 on kicks/holds, but the total is divided by 3. Even other scores that are claimed to be 'adjusted', i.e. rope climb, are not. <8.99 = 10 points and has been since my DD was trying for diamond. The 41.33 corresponds to about a 57.33 if you don't 'adjust' the kicks.

Is the rope score definitely under 8.99? I thought that got adjusted.

Every time J has tested, yes, <8.99= 10, stair steps by .50 a second from there. Each fault is worth 1 sec. For instance if her time was 9.49 with 1 fault, her score would be 8.5.
Break down:
<8.99=10
9.00-9.49=9.5
9.50-9.99=9
10.0-10.49=8.5
10.5-10.99=8
11.0-11.49=7.5
And so on and so forth

Just letting everyone know that I am back around. If you are interested in joining the TOPS social group, please send me a private message. PLEASE ADVISE: there are strict requirements that must be fulfilled before you will be invited. I'll explain more in our private conversations!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back