WAG 2018 Nastia Liukin invitationals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I haven't seen an official list, but several meets have it listed on their website that they are a Nastia cup qualifier for next year.

Yes. Elite qualifiers are meets that have specific sessions for kids trying to qualify Elite. Nastia Liukin is for JO L10's and while there may be some meets that have both an elite qualifier and are a designated Nastia qualifier, the list is not the same.

Ok, thank you for that info, I did not know the difference between the two. So are there usually a lot more Nastia Luikin cup qualifiers? It looks like there are only 4-5 elite qualifiers.

Ok, thank you for that info, I did not know the difference between the two. So are there usually a lot more Nastia Luikin cup qualifiers? It looks like there are only 4-5 elite qualifiers.
Yes -- there are a lot more meets that have Nastia spots than there are Elite qualifiers.

Nastia qualifiers are for JO level 10's, not elites. Never the twain shall meet between JO L10 and elite; completely different.

L10's can participate in both the Nastia and Elite qualifiers I believe.
Yes, they can -- as long as they haven't competed elite yet. But the question was about the schedules of Elite Qualifiers versus Nastia Qualifiers. The list of meets offering each option is not the same (although there may be a few meets with both)

No Buckeye Classic this year...interesting
Have always wondered how they pick. Even more Region 1/3/8 heavy than usual. At first glance looks like one meet in Minnesota and one in Kentucky are the only Region 2/4/5/6/7 meets in the whole series. Does seem weird to have no Ohio/Indiana/Illinois/Pennsylvania meets in the series, such strong level 10 programs in those states. A brand new Southern California Invitational making the cut is also interesting.

The Kentucky meet is actually sponsored by CGA so is pretty much Ohio. I was surprised that Buckeye wasn't one this year...it typically is and is a large meet.

I heard they are changing they way they allocate the Nastia meets to spread it around. No specific meet can have it 2 yrs in a row. Every meet selected gets 1 Sr and 1 Jr spot.

That does make sense because there are only 18 this year, whereas the last few years there were 23-25.

I heard they are changing they way they allocate the Nastia meets to spread it around. No specific meet can have it 2 yrs in a row. Every meet selected gets 1 Sr and 1 Jr spot.
But there are several on here that were on the list last year. Is that going forward?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back