DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wonder if she will. I hope.she does but it's going to be hard to get the routine back.

Aly did, but at least in the US, she is an outlier. Gabby too, though. Makes me wonder if perhaps norms are changing a bit. I don't think it's a bad thing. Sometimes it seems to me that the women in their 20s are more polished.

Mustafina the total beast plans on competing next year. That will be something to see! Could be a very exciting Worlds, with a few veterans mixed in with the up-and-comers, as long as everyone stays healthy. On the men's side, the China versus Japan team showdown will be one for the ages.

Komova is also back in training now that the spinal vertebrae fractures have healed. She is currently training with the Russian junior team.

The Brits are also back in training after all of their surgeries ie Ellie Downie, Becky Downie - even Amy Tinkler who competed had surgery just 7 weeks before worlds

I really hope that both she and Kohei compete in Tokyo. Kohei has said before that he wants to compete in the Olympics at home when his children will be old enough to remember it. And Simone is just what US gymnastics needs to regain its lost luster -- not least because Aimee Boorman did things very differently with her.

Simone was playing around in the gym off and on, especially when people weren't around. When your parents own the gym and you are Olympic Champ you get free reign to play, practice without a coach.

She said she never did beam dismounts, but it sounds like she did at least a little of everything else. Her dad also said he's not ready for her to move out, even though he left home at 18.

Simone was playing around in the gym off and on, especially when people weren't around. When your parents own the gym and you are Olympic Champ you get free reign to play, practice without a coach.

She said she never did beam dismounts, but it sounds like she did at least a little of everything else. Her dad also said he's not ready for her to move out, even though he left home at 18.

I loved that part with her dad.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back