2019 Women's World Championships Team:
Simone Biles
Jade Carey
Kara Eaker
Sunisa Lee
Grace McCallum
MyKayla Skinner

Non-traveling alternates: Morgan Hurd & Leanne Wong
The six-woman team will travel to Stuttgart, five of whom will be identified for the team qualification line-up a minimum of 24 hours prior to competition

I figured Skinner was on the cusp, so good for her for fighting her way up. It takes some serious guts to jump back into the current elite stream. I am guessing she'll be named the traveling alternate.

My heart is broken for Morgan. I watched the competition yesterday and she didn't look great. I wonder what's going on. I hope mentally she's able to come back from this set back.

I find it sad that so many think others should have gone instead of Mykayla! She pulled off a great day on Sunday, while the majority had falls and cracked. She has come so far so fast entering back into the Elite world! I heard she did even better on day 2! I am very excited for her! Hoping Riley can get better soon and get back in the game, because she i think is a wonderful gymnast!

Morgan has seemed off all year - is she recovering from an injury? People seem outraged at MyKayla but my guess is she is the alternate. Have they said anything about the 2 event test today? Just curious how it factored into the decision.

I find it sad that so many think others should have gone instead of Mykayla! She pulled off a great day on Sunday, while the majority had falls and cracked. She has come so far so fast entering back into the Elite world! I heard she did even better on day 2! I am very excited for her! Hoping Riley can get better soon and get back in the game, because she i think is a wonderful gymnast!
I agree on both accounts. I was more bummed that Riley had withdrawn than Morgan was named to the team. Morgan is a great gymnast but this hasn’t been her best year. There is just so much talent — it really is sad that so many get left behind.

Morgan has seemed off all year - is she recovering from an injury? People seem outraged at MyKayla but my guess is she is the alternate. Have they said anything about the 2 event test today? Just curious how it factored into the decision.
I heard skinner did really well on the two event test today! It would stink going all the way to Germany to be an alternate!

Carey and Skinner both have the same best two events. Whichever is better on vt and Fx should be on the team.

I am sad for Morgan but there is so much depth. People would be debating this if she made the team too. It's not fair if someone makes the team based on past results. She had an off day at the selection meet and the mistake on floor was an unfortunate fluke. The World Championships are less than 2 weeks away. I think it makes sense that they take the girls who are at their peak right now. MyKayla deserves a lot of credit. She obviously has worked very hard and has improved since earlier in the summer.

I just can’t deal with Skinner’s form. Her arms are more bent in her BHS than anyone on my daughter’s level 4 team from last year!!!
Carey and Skinner both have the same best two events. Whichever is better on vt and Fx should be on the team.

For both of these reasons I think she'll be named the traveling alternate. I feel like with Riley out and Morgan out of sorts, this was a way for the committee to give a nod to Skinner and validate her effort. I mean, she's only been back training elite for 4 months! What she did out there this weekend was a VAST improvement over Championships and I think the committee believes she'll continue to tighten up and get better. Will it be enough to break into a 4 person team for Tokyo? With Jade going the other route, it certainly opens the door. Only time will tell. But regardless I have mad respect for her!

And can I just say I cannot wait to see where Sunisa takes this momentum?!

For both of these reasons I think she'll be named the traveling alternate. I feel like with Riley out and Morgan out of sorts, this was a way for the committee to give a nod to Skinner and validate her effort. I mean, she's only been back training elite for 4 months! What she did out there this weekend was a VAST improvement over Championships and I think the committee believes she'll continue to tighten up and get better. Will it be enough to break into a 4 person team for Tokyo? With Jade going the other route, it certainly opens the door. Only time will tell. But regardless I have mad respect for her!

And can I just say I cannot wait to see where Sunisa takes this momentum?!
What other route is Jade going? I had not heard...

I agree on both accounts. I was more bummed that Riley had withdrawn than Morgan was named to the team. Morgan is a great gymnast but this hasn’t been her best year. There is just so much talent — it really is sad that so many get left behind.

Morgan seems to have a real attitude problem. She just isn't mature and actually same with Riley. She seems t lack mental toughness compared to the other gymnasts.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back