2021 Goals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

3-4 hours of homework (4 classes/day x 1 hour/class), which unfortunately seems pretty normal for high school, plus 3.5 hours of gym.

Yikes! That is so intense! These kids are being asked to work double what an adult would in a full time job. How is there time for sport, leisure, sleep, part time jobs, social interaction. No wonder it’s difficult to find the motivation to condition

3-4 hours of homework (4 classes/day x 1 hour/class), which unfortunately seems pretty normal for high school, plus 3.5 hours of gym.
I guess we are lucky! Our school believes in giving them time to complete the work in class, and homework is fairly minimal. Studying for tests, or completing some work is asked, but never an hour per class per day.

My daughter's goal is simply to get back in the gym. That will not happen until after she's vaccinated and she's done enough conditioning on her own to allow for a safe return. After nearly ten months out, she finally did a little conditioning and stretching over the holiday break, but since school started back up this week she hasn't made time. It will be a long road. We'll see what happens.

She will also have to figure out how to balance high school and gym, which I'm honestly not sure is possible. 7 - 8 hours a night of homework + gym just doesn't seem feasible.
How many hours per week was she training gymnastics before the 10 months out? It is crazy they would except so much homework for a middle or early high school kid. Good on her for at least starting conditioning in the holiday break. I think It is always the hardest to have the courage to even try to get back into gymnastics after such a long break. Does the club have any online gymnastics classes or challenges she could be involved with. Or maybe she could set small goals that feel easy to achieve such as just practising for just 10 minutes a day until it becomes a habit. Would it be possible for her to go back to gymnastics but with less hours to be able to manage such a heavy workload at school.

I think my goals for dd is to hope she doesn’t end up quitting. 5 weeks training since last March in the year she turns senior is going to be a tough one to come back from, especially as the seniors, and a couple of selected juniors, are permitted to train.

to be fair she is very focussed on her GCSE’s this year and wants to get high grades.

It’s tough as she wants to do well in school, but High Performance training is in school time. So she’ll either need to choose, or aim for NCAA.

Goals for my personal life:
- try to be more social
- meet new people and go on dates
- enjoy life
- save more money to buy my first own apartment
- read books instead of watching screens all day
- be healthy and lose some weight

Goals for my coaching life:
- be more patient coach
- plan and monitor progress more
- connect with each of my gymnasts better, ask them every week some question that is not related to gymnastics
- have at least one of my gymnasts in the finals in the Nationals
- have my senior girls get into national B-team this year
- help all of my little ones learn giants and flyaways on bars and back handsprings on the beam
- have at least 2 of my younger ones get into pre-national team this year
- have all of my girls continue gymnastics again after this season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back