Parents 2021 season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

R8. We have a full season on paper at least. Two meets out of region, one of which I just don't see how it could work out. Three out of state and two in state.

R5. We have meets scheduled, mostly in state or in R5, with a couple of travel meets for upper levels. First scheduled meet was cancelled. I am not optimistic, but still hoping that maybe a couple will still happen. DD is a senior and is hoping for at least a state meet this year.

Region 5. We have a schedule of five in state meets. Our home meet is scheduled to happen in almost exactly a month but I have very little expectation that it will actually occur. There are specific capacity limits our gym is very carefully following for the meet but they are expected to get much stricter and I don’t think they would allow for a meet to happen. Nothing has been cancelled, yet. At this point I just want my gymnast to be able to continue practicing.

R1, 3 out of state (2 that are driving distance) and 2 in state which I doubt will happen. We are skipping the flyaway meet and 1 of the out of state meets. I'm hoping that the 2 in state meets will be switched to virtual. I've also noticed that my daughter's coach avoided the big convention center in state meets that are scheduled although convention centers are closed here. Are convention centers even open in other states?

We really don't know. Normally, we have our meet schedule in August. We have a potential meet in January and that is all I've heard.

R1, 3 out of state (2 that are driving distance) and 2 in state which I doubt will happen. We are skipping the flyaway meet and 1 of the out of state meets. I'm hoping that the 2 in state meets will be switched to virtual. I've also noticed that my daughter's coach avoided the big convention center in state meets that are scheduled although convention centers are closed here. Are convention centers even open in other states?
Big convention center meets are happening as of right now in January in Texas. We just got more info on some of our meets. (We decided as a family to skip / opt out this year though)

National judges cup at Convention Center in Louisville, KY is open and set to host Jan 8-10, 2021.

We really don't know. Normally, we have our meet schedule in August. We have a potential meet in January and that is all I've heard.
I saw that :( We are from MI although we don’t currently live there. My nieces and nephews (except for the private school ones) have all gone back to virtual learning too. Even the younger ones.

We have no idea. At this point I am just so glad she can practice.
Right now that’s all I want. Our states data shows ‘exposure location’ - gyms/indoor fitness facilities are a very low percentage of that. I’m hoping that instead of taking the hammer of a full shut down, my state uses their own data and is more precise and thoughtful with their shut downs. But..I don’t have a lot of faith in that happening.

R8 here. So far none of our meets are canceled. Only in state meet is states. All are drive able as long as you’re good with a couple of 10 hour drives:)

R2 with the new state restrictions we are shut down for a few weeks. The in house meets will still happen so that girls can mobilize but state and beyond would probably be dependent on if a vaccine is available and to what level it is distributed.

We have no idea. At this point I am just so glad she can practice.
This is exactly where we are. Last I knew, our gym said they were hoping for an in-house meet in February. Again, I’m just thrilled she can be in the gym at all. Numbers are rising quickly here, so that could change at any point.

The governor of Minnesota is announcing new restrictions tomorrow with youth sports to be impacted. My DD is training at her club gym while she waits to go to college but meet season starts for the JO team in early December. Hopefully this pause in training will be shorter than the one last spring. It's needed though...some hospitals in the Twin Cities are full. :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back