Parents 2021 season

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

@Aussie_coach there is fatigue- but also, the US has never had a real lockdown like some other countries have done. I haven’t gone anywhere except the doctor for almost 9 months, but during that time there is so much I could’ve done if I were so inclined. Our local hospital is at 97% capacity, but just a week ago I could’ve gone for drinks at a bar with my fiends, or went on a shopping spree at one of the biggest malls in the country. Had we just totally locked down for a while in the first place, we wouldn’t be where we are now in an unending struggle. In my opinion, of course.
100% agree with this ... not sure "like" is correct, but also not sure :( is correct.
We have a "curfew" from 10pm - 5am. It started Nov. 21 and the Governor just extended the curfew until Jan 2 ... with the only exception being the Soccer Championship game.
We also have actual enforcement of the Mask mandate at businesses. There is a division of the Bureau of Workers' Compensation that is tasked with enforcement. There are so many fewer exceptions to the mask mandate at retail businesses now.
He is allowing restaurants to do pick up, delivery, and drive-thru orders during that time frame if they are usually open then. There are other exceptions to the curfew too, but they all make sense (the homeless, people who are unsafe at home, workers going to or from work, etc).
One of our bigger hospitals in the state has converted part of their ER into an ICU because ICU is (or at least was) full.

What would be a 4-alarm emergency for you all? Our county exec indicates that as bad as things are here now, January will be worse, bringing a lot of additional deaths.
I am not sure. Our medical center touched max capacity once before the mask order, but has otherwise been humming along fine. I do hear that it is approaching that point again, but there is no sense of alarm here at all. Life has mostly resumed as normal, except with masks in most cases. Sadly fewer and fewer people are wearing their masks or wearing them right. Everything was doing OK here, but in the last few weeks, our numbers have started to climb dramatically.

But to be 4 alarm here? Something has to happen to actually make people scared for themselves or their families. They have to know enough people critically ill or dead from it that it seems like a real thing that could impact them. OR the situation in the med center has to get so bad that the city gets leaned on. Basically I think it would require us looking like March in New York. I don't even know. I don't think the governor will support another shutdown. I don't know what will happen. Texas has such an "I do what I want" mentality...

Since Covid cases are on the rise, is anyone still having a season? We just received our schedule yesterday, has a bunch of in house meets and three (1 is optional) out of state
My gym is giving us the option to choose if we want to compete or not, i will only be competing in in-house meets this season because we know that my gym does a good job with masks and sanitizing.

It's certainly going to make for a VERY interesting post season, if post season happens, with several states having gyms closed for 7+ months and others only closed for less than 2 months during all of this.

We are still out as well although I know some gyms in our area are using the “camp” loophole to get their teams in. Ours is not. There is still talk of season even an out of state meet, but I just can’t see how that will happen. And I certainly can’t fathom how my level 10 will be safe and prepared to compete in a meet anytime soon with being out another two months this time around. She was just getting back To that point before this round of lock downs.

Well, most of our optional meet season is canceled. One small in-state meet left on the schedule for March and then state and regional. Our junior team does excel rather than compulsories and their schedule has only had one cancelation that we know of so far but those are all small in-state meets, so hopefully easier to pull off while adhering to safety guidelines. Bummer....not a surprise, but still a bummer.

At this point, we have 2 regular season meets (in Feb and March), then our Championship meet in April, and apparently we will be considering Y Regionals in May since there won't be Y Nationals again this year.

We are looking into a "scoring opportunity" in January - possibly an intrasquad in house, but we can't host a "real meet" due to our county health department rules. In our district, there are only a few teams that can host ... each in a different county ... but they will be extending the meets to accommodate the occupancy limits of their county health boards.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back