2nd L5 Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

Just got home from DD 2nd L5 of this year (2nd year).

Started on floor and scored a 9.075, better than the 8.3 with very crooked backhandsprings of the 1st meet. Place 3rd.

Vault was not the best. Scored a 8.35, but very tough judging. Another girl had a beautiful vault and only scored an 8.8, so we'll take it. She is going back and forth between two settings. She had them change the vault table after her 1st vault. Hopefully she'll get it before the next meet in a month. She did manage to place 5th.

Bars she scored an 9.4 That seemed a little high to both of us, but hey, who are we to judge! She placed 1st here.

Beam was last. Wobbled here and there, but held on and scored a 9.025. Placed 3rd.

Finished with a 35.85 and 2nd AA. She got a snow globe (given to top 3) and was thrilled! She hoping to work on that vault and get herself up to a 36, but is happy with where she is. New gym this year, and she has much more confidence. She was so happy for a teammate, who although didn't place as well, did score her first two 9.0's!

What great scores with that lovely improvement on floor, it is nice to see them progress. Lots of medlas and a snowglobe, that sounded like a fun meet. Hope she can work out the vault thing.

Here it is 125cm for the under 12's and 135 for the big girls, only one spring board (or rock as the girls call it!) I just wish our girls could choose.

Way to go, sounds like it was a really fun meet. And the snow globe sounds like a great trophey to me! How cute. And what a great bars score and AA. Those are really great scores.

Sounds like a really good meet:)! Nice AA score:cool:! The snow globe trophy idea sounds cool. Congrats to her:D!

Look like really good scores for her 2nd meet---very nice AA score. When 1 event is judged tough, you just have to go with it. When a 8.35 is the 5th place score you know this judge was looking for a textbook perfect vault.

Super meet---congrats to your dd.

Look like really good scores for her 2nd meet---very nice AA score. When 1 event is judged tough, you just have to go with it. When a 8.35 is the 5th place score you know this judge was looking for a textbook perfect vault.

Super meet---congrats to your dd.

Yeah, the first place vault was incredible, and got a 9.55, then second place was a whole point lower at 8.55. The 9.55 girl was tall and the vault table was so high, but it was a great vault.

Congrats to your dd on a great meet!

My dd had her 2nd level 5 meet this weekend, too. It's actually the teams 3rd meet but we missed the 2nd meet. She did well. On vault, which seems to be giving the whole team fits, she only scored an 8.0. That's down from an 8.6 in the first meet. On uneven bars she scored a 7.825 which is up from a 7.2 and on floor she score an 8.7, up from an 8.2. Her favorite event, beam, she rocked the house, scoring a 9.45 and taking first place. My dd is known in our gym for having the best form and she proved it Saturday. A coach from another team came up to us after the meet and said how she remembered her from last year and how much she's improved and how beautiful she looks. Well, that just put dd higher on cloud 9. She scored 6th on vault, bars and floor, 1st on beam and 6th AA. Her AA score was only 33.975. Not the greatest AA but we'll take it!

;)Great job! She's off to a great season. Fantastic improvement on the Floor. Tell her "Congratulations!". My daughter is competing L5 for the first time this season. We only have 1 meet in so far, have another one the end of the month.

;)Great job! She's off to a great season. Fantastic improvement on the Floor. Tell her "Congratulations!". My daughter is competing L5 for the first time this season. We only have 1 meet in so far, have another one the end of the month.

Good luck to your gymmie at her next meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back