Parents 2nd Meet of Season ~ Successful!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If this keeps up I think Pixie will be happy she didn't move up, lol!

This meet was one of the meets Pixie's gym hosts each year. The 44th Annual COP Invitational. Pixie competed on Friday and she & I worked the meet on Saturday then stayed and watched our L7 girls compete. So, it was a loOong weekend but it's over and Pixie did really well and had so much fun!

She told me several times on Sunday how much fun she had. I think repeating L4 is really starting to give her a boost of confidence and easing some of the stress that comes with meet season.

Start time was 3:45 but we had to be there at 3:15. I feel a tad bit guilty because I took Pixie out of school early but if I hadn't she would have been late. Not to mention show up to the meet a rugged stinky mess, haha!

There were 23 girls in her group! :eek: I think it's the largest since she started competing even more than at sates. There were teams from Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, New Mexico, Texas and of course Oklahoma.

First up was bars - Pixie was first. She had a very solid routine. She almost over rotated on the stride circle but saved it and stuck the landing! That was huge for her. She usually takes the tiniest of steps on her landing but she fought for it and got a 9.1

Beam - She lost her balance on her leap and almost fell but she saved it. That is very uncharacteristic for her on the leap. It didn't phase her though, the rest of the routine looked great! 9.25

Floor - Pixie rocked the floor! Her best routine to date and her highest score on floor since moving up to USAG!! 9.6

Vault - Dh & I were upset to realize we had missed her first vault while we were watching the other group of her team-mates on beam. She of course said "you missed the best one!" lol! It was a nice vault but I suspect they scored her first one. Her vaults have come so far. They were constantly her lowest scores of the meets but I think she's figured them out 9.6

All Around - 37.55 woohoo!! :D

Bars - 1st
Beam - 2nd
Floor - 1st
Vault- 2nd

All Around - 1st!!

Video:

YouTube - 1st Place AA Level 4 ~ Pixie Rocks COP Invitational Gymnastics Meet!

It's such a joy seeing her have so much fun and really loving competing. I think her self confidence is spilling over into practice as well. She is really starting to get these L5 skills down.

Thanks for taking the time to read! I promise I tried to keep it short this time...I just don't know how it happens every time I post a new thread. ha! I don't even speak this many words in one day!!

Hugs to you all :)

Last edited:
She is awesome, just love how much polish she has when she performs, and what a cutie too. COngrats on the great AA score. How many more meets does she have to shine at?

Thank you, Bog! As always you are so sweet.
Pixie loves reading all of her comments and blushes the whole time.

She has 5 more meets until sectionals. She has another one in about 2 weeks and then nothing until the very end of January. Which I'm okay with because the holidays can be very hectic with 3 kids, 1 in gymnastics, 1 in band and 1 that swims and competes for the high school swim team and District Honor Choir. There's always the Christmas Choir program and the band Christmas concert. So, it'll be nice to have a break in one of the areas :D

Wow, she looks so great! That is an amazing AA score. Congrats to Pixie on another terrific meet. I guess the decision to repeat L4 is starting to look like a good one! I love your video too - great job!

Meg

Awesome job, Pixie! I think her bars score should've been higher! :) Keep up the good work!!

Wow, she looks so great! That is an amazing AA score. Congrats to Pixie on another terrific meet. I guess the decision to repeat L4 is starting to look like a good one! I love your video too - great job!

Meg

Thank you, Meg! Pixie has a blast helping me make these videos. So much of the creative ideas come from her. She is very artistic and has an eye for these things. She tells me what she wants and I try to do it, lol!

about her repeating:

I think so, too. It certainly is working for her. I remember when we had the meeting with the coaches and she said she just didn't want Pixie to compete L5 because she wouldn't have a strong season and She didn't want Pixie's spirit to be broken...I thought she was blowing smoke. I really didn't understand the value of competing when she has a lot of self confidence but it is big!

Thanks again!!

Awesome job, Pixie! I think her bars score should've been higher! :) Keep up the good work!!

Thank you :D

Is it wrong to say I agree, haha?! That judge is notorious for judging hard at the beginning of the meets. So, I was happy that Pixie squeeked out a 9.1. The other girls on her team were only awarded 8's and I didn't agree with some of those either. I was super happy to see that 9.1 if you know what I mean!

Pixie was absolutely exquisite!

Glad we are in SC instead of OK. Despite some of the disappointments of repeating L4, it definitely has its benefits. I completely agree on the confidence that is being gained by both of our girls.

What a fabulous meet!! Way to go Pixie! You're having a terrific season. I can't wait to see what the rest of the season brings. 1st AA, woohoo!!

Way to go Pixie!!! Wow and she has 5 meets left she is go to blow it away a states! It is so wonderful that she has gained so much confidence defintly the icing on the cake!

She did amazing:) Pixie... you are rocking level 4 this year:)
What Kansas Teams came??? and what missouri teams came??
Thank you :D

The Kansas team was from Wichita, I believe. I can't remember the team's name but the girls has different colored leos from each other. The main part of the leo was black with colored accents on the sleeves. So some of the girls sleeves were hot pink, some pastel green and the last one some other color, maybe a pastel orange.

I can't remember the team from Missouri at all. Just that there was a team from there. There were two teams from Arkansas. One from Ft Smith and the other was from either Fayetteville or Little Rock. I can't remember. Those were the teams that competed that weekend but I'm not even sure which teams competed their L4s except our. Sorry I can't be more helpful. My nerves were shot at the meet, lol!

Last edited:
WOW!!!! What a great meet report! (and the socres aren't too shabby either!)

Big Congrats! She will be soooo ready to move up the Level 5 and this blast of confidence will do wonders for her this season AND next!

Well I thought Pixie looked Beautiful out there! All her rouintes were gorgeous! Again I thought her bars routine was under scored but that's just how it goes sometimes.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back