Off Topic 3 weeks abroad vs. goldman sachs ADVICE???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys!
I'm a part of a program which gave me the opportunity to apply for two programs over the summer. I applied to both and got into both, but now I'm really torn about which I should choose. Here are the choices...

1. Experiment in International Living (EIL). With this program, I will be going to France for 3 weeks, living at a homestay for part of those 3 weeks and exploring France's wild wild west..the Camargue. It seems like a great program and I will be going for free! (Including airfare, excluding pocket money)
Here is the link to the program.: France: Exploring the Camargue Program (FRSC) - The Experiment in International Living

2. The Institute for Entrepreneurship(IFE) partnered with Goldman Sachs. This is a business camp that I will attend for a month, and learn from the goldman sachs execs how to start and run a business. At the end of the program, I will actually create a business proposal which I compete for money nationally. Goldman Sachs is a banking/security firm/business. Very well known in the business world. With goldman sachs, they provide metrocards (for the subway to get there), and it is also free.

The thing is, that I already have an idea for a nonprofit business that i really want to start, and i feel that IFE will give me the tools that I can use to start it up. Also, Ive traveled abroad for the past two summers (England for a month last summer, costa rica for 2 weeks the summer before last) and so although I know that i will get something out of EIL, it wont be so "new" and quite as thrilling as the first time i traveled without my parents. Also, France is really expensive just to be in, and since the exchage rate doesnt favor the dollar (at all), Im looking at $500+ of spending money that I will need for incidentals, food, and occassionally shopping. It would be tight to pull the money together, even though the program itself is free.

And on a side note, I wont be able to do gym for 3 weeks if I go to france. Even though Im not competitive, I hate missing gym... =P

Sorry that was so incredibly long and rambling...I need to make a decision and Im struggling with it! I know that I will benifit from both of them, but its so hard to choose!

Any advice/ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Go with Goldman Sachs........in reading your post it sounds like that is really what you want to do!

I would go with Goldman too. They are the best of the best Wall Street firms, and you will learn a lot of good stuff from then. Would you be at Goldman HQ in NYC at all?

Thank you both! I chose goldman sachs! =D
Most of my classes will be at the Jersey City office, but we will go to the HQ very often to get the "business experience", and meet with the "big guys" =P
Yeah, after I wrote this post, and then later re read it, gymgramma, I also realized that goldman sachs was what i really wanted to do. I really only wanted to do the France program because I felt guilty giving up a free trip to France.

Thanks again! I'm pretty sure I made the right choice!

Good choice :) You'll be setting yourself up for good things in the future. Many people could only dream of getting to meet the top people at Goldman Sachs, so make sure you make a good impression ;).

My bff's older brother works for Goldman, and he loves it.

And I'm sure you will have other opportunities to go to France. The Goldman thing really does sound like once in a lifetime though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks!
Thats awesome!! Does he work at the main building or the jersey city one? It would be so cool to WORK for them =P

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back