Parents 3 weeks out and no meet schedule

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ann1245

Proud Parent
This sport has taught me to be patient but we are 3weeks out of a big travel meet with no schedule. This is a big gym that has many meets. Hoping the flights I scheduled will work and I don’t loss money because they are so late. It’s rude!!!!
Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes!!! Waiting patiently for the Buckeye schedule to come out. Also hoping that the Biles meet schedule will come out soon, since we will have to leave directly from camp for that meet.

We got a schedule last week for a meet three weeks out. Booked a hotel (finally) and then they changed the schedule completely two weeks out. Luckily I was able to cancel the hotel I no longer needed. I don’t think that a schedule either a month out from the meet or a week after both registration and changes are closed is too much to ask, personally.

We have one in less than 3 weeks with no schedule yet. It's a big travel meet, but we are local, so not as big a deal for us, but still frustrating. They do have a tentative schedule that lists the day each level is likely to compete, but that's not super helpful for people traveling from out of town.

This is discussed every year. I it were really possible to get a solid, unchanged meet schedule out sooner, would't it happen more often? I mean many meet hosts are also parents of gymnasts. They get it, yet still...

This is discussed every year. I it were really possible to get a solid, unchanged meet schedule out sooner, would't it happen more often? I mean many meet hosts are also parents of gymnasts. They get it, yet still...

I think that most are doing the best they can, but clearly some meet organizers are more skilled at the nuances of scheduling than others. Schedules for large meets like the Metroplex Challenge and HNI have been out since 6 weeks prior to these meets, so it can be done.

For smaller, local meets I don't expect a meet schedule too far in advance. For a large meet where people are traveling-- in some cases across the country, it strikes me as irresponsible for them not to provide a schedule at least a month in advance. If it's well past the scratch date it seems that they should be able to provide a schedule. Chicago Style was out months in advance (good job!).

I agree that if you're putting on a big meet with many gyms traveling, the meet schedule shouldn't be too much behind the registration deadline. We're still waiting on a big travel meet schedule for a meet that has been full for nearly 3 months and said they would have a meet schedule out over a month ago....still no schedule and less than 6 weeks now. Flight options are becoming more and more expensive. Definitely not understanding the hold up.

For us, meet schedules have actually been coming out earlier this year than in previous years. We have gotten the first four meet schedules around four weeks out or earlier, even for one very small local meet. One schedule did change about three weeks before the meet. I don’t know exactly what is behind the increased lead time, but I appreciate it.

For a big travel meet, there should be an expectation that schedules will be finalized about six weeks out so parents have time to make flight arrangements. For the parents, who are the meet’s actual paying customers, it would be much less of an inconvenience to have uneven session sizes due to scratches than to have to change travel plans at the last minute or book tickets to be in town for the entire meet.

I heard through the grapevine that Buckeye prelim schedule will be out tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
It’s out....and our level 10s are slated to compete at the same time as our elite girls. Our coaches cannot be in 2 places at once. Why would they schedule teams at the same time?!?!

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back