Coaches 4th and last meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

catou

Coach
So today we had our 4th and last meet!! Finally! We had some funny moments and some great moments:
  • One gymmie asking after she was done with her beam warm-up: I will do it for real now?
  • One doing her jump series on beam.... finishing it completely off the beam. She really just jump off the beam on her second jump!
  • Two mommies screaming in happiness when they saw one of the girl throwing her backhandspring on the floor for the first time in competition (and I was spotting that one!). I sure would like all the parents to be like these two.
  • One gymnast finally able to do a bar routine. That just made her entire week I think. Even without doing her pullover on the high bar. She was just so, so proud.
  • The coach was also very proud to hear the other gymnasts encouraging her.
  • One of the hardest working kid, who has had ankle problems since the beginning of the season, who hasn't really trained vault and tumbling, won 5 ribbons (we have awards for the first 8 positions only here).
  • My co-coach, having the girls participate in a contest involving a treacle biscuit usually reserved to coaches to get them to put more expression in their routines.
  • A gymnast getting completely distracted and laughing during her trampoline warm-up because the floor music was madagascar and she has seen that movie way too many times...
  • One kid telling she feels that she has thousands of stress bubbles in her belly. Well let's just pop them...

The only downsides I saw in this competition:
  • way too many falls on squat ons
  • Me having to deal with my first gymnast crying because she fell 3 times of beam.

Now, I can't wait to start training kips, cartwheel on beam and handsprings on floor.

Some great ups and downs. Three beam falls is so hard. A first BHS and bar routine is awesome.

did anyone qualify to the Challenge? That is always fun.

No, they are all argos, so no Challenge for them (which I don't really understand.... I mean, they trained as hard as the other age groups!). My club organized it last year, and it sure was a lot of fun! Out of 10 girls, I would have had 3 gymnasts qualifying I think. We sure had a lot of competition coming from the smaller clubs!

I agree about it not being fair that Argos don't get to do the challenge. Now it is just a day event there is no reason for it. I saw on the Federation's site they have the new Gym Blitz that is for Argos, but a long drive to Montreal would make the less than worth while. They shoud just add them to the challenge.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back