5 Selected Gymnast..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi! Just wondering who you guys think the 5 gymnast will be to compete at worlds. I am personally rooting for: Simone, Morgan, Riley, Grace, & Reagan! I have a huge soft spot for Reagan and am really pulling for her. I felt after podium training it was tight as her and Kara had a pretty similar performance when it was all said and done...(based off my poor quality on my phone! lol.) But I know I am biased. Kara is absolutely stunning though her gymnastics is truly artistic...and I would be so very happy for her, too. I am curious as to what you guys are thinking!

Haven’t watched it all yet, about to start with vault/bars, but so far Morgan & Riley for both floor and beam for me! But that would make a 3 girls team...

Just a guess, think it is really hard, since some are just doing great, and not knowing the start values... Is it 4 girls in qualification, 3 in finals? If so, I would say:
VT: Biles, Hurd, McCusker, McCallum
UB: Biles, Hurd, McCusker, McCallum
BB: Biles, Hurd, McCusker, Eaker
VT: Biles, Hurd, McCallum, McCusker (or Eaker)

Alternate: Smith. She has given everything, but I feel she is just to shaky..

I'm pretty sure the team will be Simone, Morgan, and Riley for the AA; Kara on beam only; and Grace on the other events. I think Ragan is the alternate.

Ragan will be the alternate. She is not in the top 3 on any event at this point in this group, so adds nothing to the team total.
Qualfications
VT - Riley/Morgan/Grace/Simone
UB - Grace/Morgan/Riley/Simone
BB - Morgan/Riley/Kara/Simone
FX - Morgan/Riley/Grace/Simone

I think they will wait until after qualifications to see how scores shape up to decide for sure on team finals lineup. Riley, Morgan and Grace are really all so close. The only absolute certainties are Simone does everything and Riley does UB.

Just a guess, think it is really hard, since some are just doing great, and not knowing the start values... Is it 4 girls in qualification, 3 in finals? If so, I would say:
VT: Biles, Hurd, McCusker, McCallum
UB: Biles, Hurd, McCusker, McCallum
BB: Biles, Hurd, McCusker, Eaker
VT: Biles, Hurd, McCallum, McCusker (or Eaker)

Alternate: Smith. She has given everything, but I feel she is just to shaky..
I get what you're saying! I thought Eaker looked a little nervous and rattled. Hard choice. My hope is that Ragan has a year like Riley's next year. Riley was all over the place last year (it was very evident she was very talented but battling injuries) and came out just shining this year - I hope Ragan has a similar journey! Thanks for your response!

Ragan will be the alternate. She is not in the top 3 on any event at this point in this group, so adds nothing to the team total.
Qualfications
VT - Riley/Morgan/Grace/Simone
UB - Grace/Morgan/Riley/Simone
BB - Morgan/Riley/Kara/Simone
FX - Morgan/Riley/Grace/Simone

I think they will wait until after qualifications to see how scores shape up to decide for sure on team finals lineup. Riley, Morgan and Grace are really all so close. The only absolute certainties are Simone does everything and Riley does UB.
I didn't see scores from today so this makes sense!

I didn't see scores from today so this makes sense!
They didn't release scores for today, but what it really comes down to is Riley, Morgan, Grace and Simone are all strong all-arounders(and the 4 strongest currently). Being the fifth best all-arounder is great for an alternate, but not for competition because only 4 can go up in qualifications. So the main criteria for a fifth member is the potential to medal on an individual event. Kara fits that bill right now, Ragan doesn't.

They didn't release scores for today, but what it really comes down to is Riley, Morgan, Grace and Simone are all strong all-arounders(and the 4 strongest currently). Being the fifth best all-arounder is great for an alternate, but not for competition because only 4 can go up in qualifications. So the main criteria for a fifth member is the potential to medal on an individual event. Kara fits that bill right now, Ragan doesn't.
Ah, okay. I see your reasoning here. Ragan might be somewhat comparable in terms of all around with Kara but since she's not better than Simone, Morgan, Riley, or Grace she has to be better than Kara at any one event and right now Kara clearly has a leg up due to beam mostly. Sidenote: I just joined this site today and it's great talking with people who know and are interested in what you're saying haha none of my friends are interested in talking gymnastics unless it's the Olympics.

Ah, okay. I see your reasoning here. Ragan might be somewhat comparable in terms of all around with Kara but since she's not better than Simone, Morgan, Riley, or Grace she has to be better than Kara at any one event and right now Kara clearly has a leg up due to beam mostly. Sidenote: I just joined this site today and it's great talking with people who know and are interested in what you're saying haha none of my friends are interested in talking gymnastics unless it's the Olympics.
Yes, absolutely agree that Ragan is stronger than Kara as an all-arounder. The only thing that puts Kara ahead is the potential to score high enough on beam to medal. Ragan doesn't really have the potential to medal on any event this year, and the team doesn't need her scores with so many strong all-arounders.

BB Situation is as entertaining as always (love this blog!), but I am kind of confused now about Simone's vault.
It states:
Biles VT 1 – just goes with the Cheng, after all. Interesting. Hop back.

However I believe Simone actually performed her new vault (double twist vs. 1.5 twist of Cheng) during podium training?

BB Situation is as entertaining as always (love this blog!), but I am kind of confused now about Simone's vault.
It states:
Biles VT 1 – just goes with the Cheng, after all. Interesting. Hop back.

However I believe Simone actually performed her new vault (double twist vs. 1.5 twist of Cheng) during podium training?

She did perform it, but not during her “competition set”- that’s my recollection anyway. She performed it after but still during vault training.

She did perform it, but not during her “competition set”- that’s my recollection anyway. She performed it after but still during vault training.
I read somewhere that she doesn't plan to perform the new vault during event finals, but will during the qualification round. Will that impact gold medal potential in finals? Or is her Amanar/Cheng combo enough for gold? I assume it is - just curious.

Thank you! Of course you are right, now I see the girls behind her waiting for their turn.
I don't understand why USAG youtube channel presented it as a 'competition set' vault.

Unless she falls on both vaults, Simone will likely win vault finals with the Amanar and the Cheng. She said she does not want to do the potential “Biles” in event finals because of lack of a one touch warm-up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back