Parents 5 Telltale signs that sports moms are crazy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You know you are a crazy gym mum when....

- you read the above list and think "70$ for a bag? Pah! I pay 70$ per sleeve for the swarovski crystals on my cherub's leotard alone!"

- you smile indulgently at other parents who complain about weekend commitments, as you sign your kid up for 8-6 sessions, every day, all summer. And then you wonder if you can suggest they build a dorm in the gym.

- you not only pay for gym fees, coaches fees, meet fees, uniform fees, camp fees, coach camp fees, but.....you cheerfully sign up for daily privates for your future star. Who is four. And still sucks their thumb and can't remember the way to the bathroom.

- you time every child on the beam, just in case your cherub is getting 10 seconds less than other kids per rotation. You film the coaches, just to be sure. Then you helpfully send them the video so they can 'maximise their coaching time management'

Last edited:
- you work 16 hour weekends every 6 weeks to pay for all the above fees
- your gym tuition is more than your car payment
- you have a beam, bars, mushroom, rings and pommel horse in your basement
- you know that yama****a is not actually a curse word

Just in case anyone is worried, my DS has no crystals on his leotard, has never had a private, and if I suggested any time management strategies to his coach I would probably find myself given 10 rope climbs. And I'm pretty sure he can find the bathroom. But I do confess to rearranging our ski holiday, to fit with training and canceling his involvement with his school trip to the goggle-eyed amazement of our non-gym friends :)

Great article! I will go on record here that it took me two years until I realized I had already drank the Kool-Aid. Must have happened when a coach told me my kid was talented.

- your coach mentions you "might" do a travel meet in 9 months, so you get your hotel booked immediately.
- you count the leotards in your daughter's closet, and to your amazement, she has THIRTY. To even more amazement, you realize that YOU bought them all, not her.
- you're so glad you never dealt with two practices a week for soccer. But somehow, 5 practices a week for gym is okay.

I do enjoy a good kool-aid :) of course, it's better when it's spiked with vodka!

My dad used to say that! "Great minds think alike, and fools seldom differ" LOL! I always think of that when someone says that :)

Oh my gosh .... My little 6 year daughter is just at the beginning of this crazy ride ..... Looks like I'd better hold on tight ....

LOL! You've seen my videos...3 minutes and 3o seconds...with pictures! LOL!

Aging a year every 3 minutes...we might not make it long.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back