WAG 6 months at new gym and loving it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Natasha

Proud Parent
This week marks 6 months since my L8 dd switched to the brand new gym. Thanks to those of you who helped me get over my "loyalty guilt" and make the switch. It is so much better having one coach. The coach makes daily individualized workout plans for each optional girl. Since moving to new gym, dd has improved tremendously on vault and bars. She got her tsuk and yurchenko and competed both beautifully. (With time off in the fall for a fractured ankle.) Her bar score has improved by one whole point (same routine, but much cleaner). In the past 6 months she got her bail (working on to handstand, but can kip/cast out of it), chinese sit-up to cast HS, double back dismount, front giants, working on blind change, and can do some mount where she propels herself over the low bar to catch the high bar. Prior to moving to the new gym she had only worked spotted drills for bail and Double back into pit, had not even attempted any of the other skills. Most importantly, dd loves training, is happy, and has goals again of competing in college- Prior to moving gyms, she had resigned herself to thinking that college was not a realistic goal.
Several wise people on here have said that if you are even thinking about a switch it is probably a year overdue- so true! I am so glad we made the switch rather than waiting it out until after this competition year.

So happy that it was the right move! Those are great skills and I like her bars mount, its is much more interesting than many that are used. Way to go!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back