6 rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have 6 rips on my right hand now. What's even weirder is that my left hand has 0. I got the first 3 last week at gymnastics camp, and 3 more today at open gym. My left wrist is still red and its has been over an hour since i stopped bars. I did bars for well over an hour today just because i was scared to do my flyaway. I ended up ripping and never did it. :( So anyways, what do i do with 6 rips on my hand? Its burning, so right now i'm icing it but that is not helping much. I probley should have stopped doing bars when i rip, but i try to tough it out and keep going. Grips make it easier to do bars with rips.

Get vitamin e gel capsules and pop them with a pin and dab the gel on the rips at night. I liked to keep mine exposed to the air so they kind of toughened up, but not get dry so they cracked. Keeping a thing of chapstick to quickly rub on rips during the day helps that. You might want to label it or something so you don't use it on your lips but that may come down to your own personal germ threshold. I don't really care but that's probably the proper thing to do anyway.

Vitamin E is also available in a tube form that comes out like vaseline - have used it lots for DD, though not sice she (changed gyms and finally) got grips... anyway it's easier and less messy than capsules.

I have 6 rips on my right hand now. What's even weirder is that my left hand has 0. I got the first 3 last week at gymnastics camp, and 3 more today at open gym. My left wrist is still red and its has been over an hour since i stopped bars. I did bars for well over an hour today just because i was scared to do my flyaway. I ended up ripping and never did it. :( So anyways, what do i do with 6 rips on my hand? Its burning, so right now i'm icing it but that is not helping much. I probley should have stopped doing bars when i rip, but i try to tough it out and keep going. Grips make it easier to do bars with rips.

It's awsome that you pushed through...

But you may want to slow down a bit and make sure you aren't beating yourself up for not doing a flyaway.

While giving up after a rip or two is pretty wimpy, you may want to yourself a break and try another day. You will do it when it's time.:)

6 rips on one hand is odd to me. but once my friend jumped to the high bar swung on the bar once and got 4 quater sized rips 2 on each hand.

i know you'll get your flyaway when God wants you to.

hope it gets better!!!:)

I think part of the problem is that one of my grips is worn in way more than the other one. I can't figure out why. I guess I use one of my hands more than the other.

Rips!

at our gym, our coach bought this stuff called 'more skin'
it is absolutly amazing. i had the worst rip ever.. i couldn't even keep a bandaid on it because it was bleeding so bad.. and i put 'more skin' on if for two days straight and it was healed. if you can find it i highly recommend it. it comes in a round container and they are blue circles, and you cut them to what ever size you need. btw my record for rips is 7 :) haha

this will fosho help!

bag balm... its like this gu stuff.. its actually for cows lower parts bu it works!
orrrrr make tea and use the tea bag after its all soaked and stuff and bump HOT tea on your hand then put the tea bag directly on your hand for about 35 min!
good luck message me and let me kno!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back