MAG 60 Minutes Tomorrow about MAG at Minnesota

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
I just saw the trailer, but it showed the MAG team working, along with some other elimination sports, and the basic gist is that non revenue sports are being tossed, while revenue sports have not been able generate attendance to pay for the costs of huge stadiums and huge staff.

while I don’t think this will save most non revenue sports, since most likely it wi be next season before anything normal happens for football and basketball attendance before spring, it might give them a chance to promote other sports.

I can’t picture a successful end game for men’s gym. Most of the elites seem to be post college, but colleges are dropping programs, so fewer boys have the option to develop during college and there isn’t an alternative

I just saw the trailer, but it showed the MAG team working, along with some other elimination sports, and the basic gist is that non revenue sports are being tossed, while revenue sports have not been able generate attendance to pay for the costs of huge stadiums and huge staff.

while I don’t think this will save most non revenue sports, since most likely it wi be next season before anything normal happens for football and basketball attendance before spring, it might give them a chance to promote other sports.

I can’t picture a successful end game for men’s gym. Most of the elites seem to be post college, but colleges are dropping programs, so fewer boys have the option to develop during college and there isn’t an alternative

I so hope for NCAA D1 MAG to continue, but thank goodness for GymACT! That will be the successful end game for men's gym. It is important to keep that in our minds as this is occurring. GymACT is working hard to save Men's Gymnastics.

It drives me nuts to see successful programs cut in favor of flashy unsuccessful programs. A collegue was at a school with a highly successful mens swimmin program that was cut. But thier Football team that won 1 game but made an obscur bowl game years ago was miraculously safe. Mens wrestling is struggling as well. Wrestling is huge in my area so but once again Nationally ranked programs being cut very sad.

It drives me nuts to see successful programs cut in favor of flashy unsuccessful programs. A collegue was at a school with a highly successful mens swimmin program that was cut. But thier Football team that won 1 game but made an obscur bowl game years ago was miraculously safe. Mens wrestling is struggling as well. Wrestling is huge in my area so but once again Nationally ranked programs being cut very sad.

This happened to the UCLA men's gymnastics program in the early 1990s. The team had recently won two national championships and included a national team member who went on to compete in the Olympics. Schools will do anything to preserve those men's scholarship slots for their precious football teams.

It was a sad piece....told about how Minnesota Men's Gymnastics worked to get funding resources to make them self sufficient and the Minnesota AD wouldn't even give them the time of day...

Nope. Wouldn't even look at it. And they should have mentioned how they snuck in a proposal to keep track and field at the last minute, and voted on it then, even though they did not receive it in time for a vote according to their bylaws. There was a push to delay it all to see all of the proposals but that was denied. It was the most infuriating meeting I have ever watched

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back