Parents 8 am meet - best foods for gymnast?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I compiled a list of food/breakfast ideas for morning meets from old threads/posts on CB and posted/stickied it on the Healthy Eating social group. https://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/social-forums/healthy-eating/

This is an open group so anyone can join.

There is a lot of overlap with a post about healthy snacks that I stickied there too. I decided that to post/sticky the new list anyway, it’s called “Early Morning Meets – What To Eat". I did not cross reference the lists so there are some items on the snack list that aren’t on the breakfast idea list. As I mentioned there is quite a bit of overlap

If you haven’t already joined you should be able to click on Social Groups then then click on Healthy Eating and then click Join.

Please feel free to add to the list.

My dd favorite before a meet right now is banana and chocolate milk. Maybe not perfect nutrition but pretty good. And a while ago I compared nutrition on a chocolate protein shake and chocolate milk and I remember thinking the milk came out ahead overall. Hard to want to eat early and even harder with pre-meet jitters. I always pack an extra piece of fruit, a protein and yes also a piece of simple carb junk in her meet bag to eat if needed between events or scarf down during awards.

well, for all my good intentions she ate cinnamon toast crunch cereal and drank apple juice. she didn't even touch her banana. she was a total grump and i couldn't reason with her. :mad: .

i had to get her up at 6am and sent her to bed at 9-9:30 (complaining the whole time).

she did fine despite eating crap. she had her same issues, BT height on floor, turn on beam and release from bars on her cast flyaway. i guess it doesn't matter what i feed her, she just needs to fix those things. at least she landed her bars. her practice routine right before they started - she released wrong and landed but fell, diving off the mat. seriously, like she was diving into a pool. i was horrified. it looked like she hurt herself but she got up laughing. too bad i didn't get it on video! :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back