8 year old dd did a double back tuck yesterday!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Canadian_gym_mom

Proud Parent
Oh, on the trampoline in the bungee harness, lol!

Thought that would get you all upset and ready to chew me out. :)

They had about an hour of playtime yesterday afternoon after some pretty hard conditioning. They were "peter pan" flying and having a ton of fun.

Chew you out? No, but was wondering how on earth someone could be ready for that at that age! My 8 year old has done a few double fronts in the harness. Not really sure why they train her on that, but they seem to.

Chew you out? No, but was wondering how on earth someone could be ready for that at that age! My 8 year old has done a few double fronts in the harness. Not really sure why they train her on that, but they seem to.

There are whole threads on kids doing big skills too young and the dangers of it. They weren't "training" at all just having some fun.

There are whole threads on kids doing big skills too young and the dangers of it. They weren't "training" at all just having some fun.
I can see that. Never heard a specific age thing, but DD's coach is very particular about progressions and drills, drills, drills before doing most skills.

You forgot the ^^^^^^^^^^^^ and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I worded it wrong, I should have said GOT her double back tuck. LOL thanks for playing along! :)

Damn I will have to try harder next time. Also we did the same thing with the group of kids I coach. They seem to like doing the crazy skills.

If you put it on youtube don't forget to add the following to your title 'Amazing, talented, beautiful, champion gymnast only eight years old!!!'

Sadly, I am a neglectful gym mom as I failed to record it...

Although I will admit freely to having a Youtube channel for dd (and DS) and posting her routines and accomplishmnents...:eek:

Bwahaha! This ^^^^^^ is always the great big red flag to me.

Double backs in the harness were always a huge treat in the gym. Fun, fun, fun.

So funny because dd just got to do these a few weeks ago in the harness off bars. She had a blast and couldn't wait to do it again. But alas, it is prep to states time so no "new" skills.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

So funny because dd just got to do these a few weeks ago in the harness off bars. She had a blast and couldn't wait to do it again. But alas, it is prep to states time so no "new" skills.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Unfortunately the harness for the bars is too big for dd. They tried sticking some foam in there but then she couldn't move right, lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back