Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

86 year old demonstration floor routine at Cottbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empowered

Proud Parent
Mar 19, 2009
Here
Country
USA
That brought a team to my eye. Hell I am 36 and I couldn't do that (nor would anyone want to see me in a leotard)... Good for her!!

Reactions: 3 people

Danica76

Proud Parent
Aug 2, 2010
Amazing! I love the classical feel of this. An exercise in agility and grace (and flexibility! At 86! Incredible!). It reminds me that skill level alone does not make gymnastics beautiful - hard to remember this considering the current demand for difficulty (faster, better, stronger). This was simply beautiful and also brought a tear to my eye.

Reactions: 3 people

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
Amazing! I love the classical feel of this. An exercise in agility and grace (and flexibility! At 86! Incredible!). It reminds me that skill level alone does not make gymnastics beautiful - hard to remember this considering the current demand for difficulty (faster, better, stronger). This was simply beautiful and also brought a tear to my eye.
I feel the same way. I'm in my 40s and don't have that flexibility! my back hurt just watching her! In some ways, I really wish there would be an "adult" gymnastics league, centered more on the grace and agility, not the power and strength... Not sure there would be many watchers but I know I'd like it!

Reactions: 2 people

ALgymMom

Nov 2, 2011
AL
Our HC/owner of my daughter's gym is 84, about to turn 85 & she can still do a cartwheel, never misses a practice or a meet! I so hope I'm in good shape like her when I'm that age! You can see her cute little self at the very end of my daughter's bar video from a couple weeks ago.http://youtu.be/GW43QYI1m0o

Reactions: 1 person

dunno

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Club Owner
Apr 28, 2009
i could still give her a run for her money! LOL! THAT was heartwarming.:)

JessLW

Proud Parent
Apr 30, 2011
Beijing
Country
China
That's absolutely amazing, and inspiring. I'm only in my 30s and she puts me to shame. Maybe I should get back in the gym!

cbone

Feb 2, 2012
Holy smokes! That was amazing. I've thought about doing a little gym to better understand my daughter's pursuits and immediately dismissed the idea because I was "too old". At 36! not sure if I'm more in awe of that woman or more ashamed of myself.

Sunobo

Jun 10, 2010
I feel the same way. I'm in my 40s and don't have that flexibility! my back hurt just watching her! In some ways, I really wish there would be an "adult" gymnastics league, centered more on the grace and agility, not the power and strength... Not sure there would be many watchers but I know I'd like it!
I would watch it. While I enjoy seeing some of the more difficult tricks, I really miss the more artistic gymnastics of the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.